Chapter 21- I Want That

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes at them and turned back to Niall.

Finally we touched down in Florida and I had to shake Niall awake.

He mumbled something about Nando's just before his eyes flickered over.

"Hey." I said smiling at him.

"Hey." He mumbled staring up at me, his bright blue eyes meeting mine.

"We're here." I said.

He groaned and sat up glancing out the window.

"Beach time baby." He said standing up and stretching his arms above his head. A small part of his bare stomach appeared beneath his shirt. 

"What?" he asked noticing that I was staring.

"Nothing." I said blushing and hiding my eyes. We grabbed our bags and climbed off the plane.

We were greeted by thousands of screaming girls. Niall stayed by my side the whole time occasionally brushing against me.

When we arrived at the hotel Niall called me as his roommate and pulled me off into the far end section of the suite.

We threw our stuff down and then when back out to the main room.

I plopped down on the couch beside Louis and Niall came to sit beside me. But instead of sitting down on the couch he sat down on my lap. Earning a few strange looks from the boys. Niall wrapped his arms around my neck and stared down at me.

"We should go out tonight." He whispered quietly to me.

My breath caught in my throat. I had never seen this side of Niall. I had never been under his spell the way I was now.

"Okay, where do you want to go?" I asked.

He shrugged and leaned in to press his lips to my forehead, leaving my skin burning with heat.

"Liam, do you want to go to the grocery with Lou and I?" Zayn asked coming into the room.

"Err sure." He said.

"We will be back soon." Louis said."Now you kids be good." He added winking at me.

As soon as the door shut Niall kicked one leg over mine so that he was straddling me. I decided that It was time for me to take control. I grabbed his neck and kissed the corner of his mouth, teasing him a bit. He whimpered and leaned in farther to catch my lips between his. It was just a light soft kiss but it was enough to make me crazy.

"It's been way too long." I said.

He nodded in agreement. "I can't believe how much I've missed."

"Do you want to go explore?" He asked. "It's almost sunset." 

Niall:

Harry dropped my hand as soon as we left the house. My heart sank into my stomach from the loss of contact. But I knew that it was all my fault.

 His fingertips brushed mine and made me shiver.

"So um..." He started.

I chuckled at how awkward we were.

"Why are we like this?" I asked. "We're still best mates." He said.

"You're right." He said.

After a moment of silence I finally asked something that I really wanted to know.

"Harry how did you know that you were gay?" I asked.

His eyes met mine for a second and then shifted over to the horizon.

"I didn't I guess, it's just always been normal for me." He said.

I nodded.

"I mean I've been in love with you since the first time I saw you on stage. And you ran over to me and hugged me. You were so happy and your eyes, God they were so blue..." He trailed off.

I smiled at him.

Now that I think about it I was sure that I have had feelings for him since the first time I met him. It had always been there in the back of my mind. I guess that was why I had always found comfort in him and felt like something was missing when he was gone. And then when he kissed me on stage in this very same city, I realized that I loved him and the intensity of it scared me. The way my heart would race when I saw him smile. And the way that I got so nervous when he talked to me like I didn't want to say the wrong things.

We sat down on the sand and he scooted closer to me.

"This is so different." He said. "Being with you."

"I don't know what you mean." I said unsure.

"Just, it's the first time I've ever been out with a guy." He said.

"Well, I'm glad it could be me." I said.

He smiled, making his dimples show.

"Me too." 

"I really want to kiss you right now." He said.

I frowned and scanned the beach. "It's dark enough." I said. 

He leaned in and brushed his lips against my jawline. I shivered under his touch and moved to press my lips to his softly.

He pulled away.

"Niall I don't want to cause any trouble for you." He said. "With Holly, and management, and everything else." He said.

I nodded.

He was right, eventually I'd have to get over it and come out but for now, we'd just have to wait.