"Don't go in there, there's nothing-" Our eyes meet for the first time in a long time. It was like I never left her house. It was like I was never captured.

"Mother, it's not what it looks like," Jase quietly starts as Mrs. Lean stares at me. She was dressed like I never left her apartment; the dark blue jeans, the flannel, and the weird high heeled shoes. But her face. Her face was not the same welcoming face I had trusted. No, this was the monster under my bed, the evil witch in the woods. Her eyes widen as she stares at me, trailing from my legs and up to my solemn face. Or maybe my face was red and my eyes were as wide as hers. At this moment, I was really paying attention to Jase, who was gripping the door frame and standing as still.

"Jason. You lied to me! You said she was dead and buried!" Mrs. Lean struds into the room and grabs onto my arm, harshly. I keep my eyes trained on Jase, who follows his mother into the room and raises his hands as she grabs me.

"Does she look dead and buried! Huh!" Mrs. Lean throws my arm back down on the bed and glares down at me. Jase clenches his fists and drops them by his light blue jeans. He looked tense like he wanted to do something but...wouldn't.

"I let you pick the girl! I let you use my house! I let you get extra time! And all I asked was to have her underground before that friend of hers came!" Friend repeats in my mind. Friend friend friend. I only had Jase, he was all I needed.

"Friend?" They both look down at me. Jase had pleading eyes, begging me. Mrs. Lean rolls her dark eyes and places her hands on the bed, leaning down so that we were eye level.

"The little short one. Mare, was it? Darling, you really have good friends, he came all the way out here. But he was deadweight to me," She enunciates the 'deadweight'. Was Mare...? I didn't want to think about it. I slam my hand over my mouth to keep the bile rising in my throat down. I didn't want to think about it, but the thoughts rushed in my mind like a flood. I felt hot tears start to prick at my eyes.

"Aw, don't cry! You'll be joining him soon enough!" She starts to cackle as the tears stream down my face. I was in hell, I had to be. I died with my parents or maybe I killed myself and I ended up in hell.

"Mother, you need to stop," Jase exclaims and I feel the bed dip next to me. I feel him grab my chin gently and he wipes the tears running down my face. He smelled like cinnamon.

"Stop? You need to get it together! She's behind this rebellious phase of yours, isn't she! Tell me, bitch!" My face is ripped from his hand and I am yanked back by my hair. I yelp as I feel the follicles forcefully ripped out and my body falls back as she pulls. I felt so useless, so vulnerable. Was this death?

"Mother! Stop it!" Jase stands up immediately and is in front of his mother.

"You're hurting her!" Jase yells. My eyes are on the ceiling once again. There was the deep crack and there was the shallow, thin one.

"I don't care! This was your job! You know how much I hate getting my hands dirty!" She yells back at him. I am thrown from the bed by my hair and collapse on the hardwood floor. I yell from the impact as I feel my hurt leg against the cool wood. Mrs. Lean's grip on my hair tightens as she starts to drag me by my hair, just like Jase did days ago. Was I meant to be here? Was I meant to be tortured over and over again?

"Mother, please! Let me!" Jase yells as she struggles to pull me down the hall. I don't even struggle against her as she painfully drags me down the same hall. Tears run from my eyes as she slowly pulls me. I could barely make out Jase through my tears, hands raised to his mother like he couldn't touch her. Like she was acid.

She throws my head onto the tiles of the kitchen. My cheek slams against the tiles and I rest my hands on material. I turn my head to look over at her as she walks up to the fridge and takes out the bag Jase used on me many times.

"What are you going to do?" Jase asks as he bends down to me. I close my eyes as his warm hand grazes my cheek. It felt so nice, so different from the pain in my leg and the cold in my stomach.

"What you didn't do!" She yells. Jase quickly stands up and slams his hands on the table.

"You can't! I love her !" Jase screams. Silence follows his statement. Not awkward, no the kind where you could hear heartbeats and breathing. My eyes finally clear up and I train them on Mrs. Lean, who was gripping a vile and a needle.

"You don't know what love is. You can't know," She finally breaks the silence and starts to fill the needle with the clear liquid.

"How do you know that? You haven't been with her, you don't know!" Jase yells and throws the rest of the needles and vials from the counter, a few hitting me and a few rolling down the hall like lost dogs. My hand reaches out to grab one of the needles ever so slowly. It was slow motion as my fingers unhinged from its spot and grasped the thin needle. I cast my eyes back over at the two, completely zoned out from everything but their bickering.

"I do know! You never listen to me! I've never loved someone more than I love Acacia!" This displeases Mrs. Lean as her face starts to turn red. She starts waving the needle around with the clear liquid, pointing to me and back to Jase.

"You love me! I am your mother, the only woman who matters in your pathetic life. You listen to me, you please me, you love me! I am the only one who matters! Why do you think I had your father arrested?" She takes a step back as if her own words astonished her. Jase's tense back straightens.

"It was you? All these years you told me it was Bianca all those years we plotted to kill them! It was all a lie!" Jase yells at his mother, who looked like how I felt. Small, angry, defeated. Absolutely defeated. She shakes her head, collecting herself and casts her eyes on me.

"It doesn't matter if I lied. What matters now is killing this brat so everything can go back to the way it was. Then, you can find a new Acacia to love," She starts to walk over to me and I turn the needle into my stomach, hiding it as I press it to my tainted shirt.

"No, I won't let you," Jase steps in front of his mother, who looks absolutely displeased.

"Move, Jason. Move now and Mommy will forgive you for disobeying her." I watch as she glares at her son, no longer with the loving eyes from before. Hell, did she ever have loving eyes? Jase wavers at her and crosses his arms against his chest.

"I...I don't know what to do....Acacia..."

"Jase..." I weakly mutter out, both of the murders looking down at me now. Mrs. Lean sneers and pushes her son by the shoulder, out of her way. He hits the table and it scoots across the room from the impact.

"It's time to end this!" She yells as she stabs down at my shoulder with the syringe. With all of my strength, I roll out of the way as the needle hits the tile, bending from the harsh stab.

"Let us," I say and stab the evil woman in the stomach with my syringe.