T H R E E

Stevie

The drive over to Lottie's house is nerve-wracking for two reasons: I got my license only a few months ago and I don't like parties. Driving on the other side of the car is crazy enough, but every time I make a turn for a second, I almost have a stroke since I think I'm heading directly into traffic. So far, driving with music makes me so incredibly nervous, so the only sound heard is my heavy breathing.

When her subdivision comes into view, I say a quick prayer. As soon as I pull in, a big beautiful white mansion with big pillars in the front that I've grown to love sits on the corner, bright red flowers adorning it's exterior along with perfectly green grass. Not a branch on the trees nor a leaf on the flowers are messy. Everything is perfect as if that's what the life is like of the family living inside of it. No cars sit out in the driveway thanks to the massive garage that sits beside it, probably being able to hold five cars. Every time I come to her house, it always makes me a bit sheepish. My 2015 Toyota Camry seems to be out of place amongst the street where no cars rest in sight.

Even the sides of the street are well decorated with giant trees and flowers in some parts. Every blade of grass is perfectly green, not even a slight yellow tinge is shown on any of them. All the mansions have beautiful landscaping as if someone comes out to trim the bushes and leaves every single day. I can practically see the women inside, probably dressed like Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's, but with their hair down, not up. Upon seeing my short, buzzed hair that's bleached to a silvery white, they'd surely have a stroke.

Women and men seem to represent femininity with long, luscious hair, but that's not true. In my personal, and slightly biased, belief, I think pixies are one of the most feminine cuts a woman can have. It shows the face and disables you from hiding behind your hair. Without a word, it shows confidence, since your entire face shows.

Lottie's pink mansion comes into view causing me to gape as I usually do. The center of the circular driveway is adorned by a beautiful fountain, surrounded in an array of colorful flowers. Behind it, lies a little bit of deep green grass, before the mansion begins. Its brick is a pale pink color, reminding me of Himalayan salt. The exterior is lined with many huge bright windows with bright white frames. Small white pillars reside in front of the door to hold up the awning. Encasing the top of the house is a deep grey roof, bringing the whole house together. A few bushes reside in front of the house, but it's mostly lined with the most beautiful garden. Pops of reds, purples, oranges, pinks, and yellows flash out at you as if she wanted her gardener to model them off a sunset. The entire property is beautiful, and my absolute favorite home in the subdivision.

When I pull my car up in front of her house, the front door swings open, and I'm met with Lottie's bright face. The brightness comes from her beautiful makeup, but also deep inside her soul. No one can feel sad around Lottie, it simply isn't possible. Her personality is enlivening, making every room she walks into a little brighter. The intelligence that lies behind her eyes gives her superiority, leadership, and curiosity. There's no one else I'd rather talk about science with. Every sound she makes is smooth and sweet like caramel, enabling her to keep the attention of anyone listening, even an artist or a businesswoman. It's not that they are interested in the subject, it's that she makes everything interesting. Everything about her spikes your curiosity—from her honey-colored blonde hair is styled beautifully into curls or her mannerisms and the way they seemed perfectly timed and placed. One thing Lottie doesn't do is waste time, every second, every movement counts. Even from my car, I can see the shades of brown and gold adorning her eyes, only making them pop a brighter shade of blue. The pinkness of her lips is now hidden by a shade of nude, but in contrast, her cheeks are coated with a light dusting of pink. A robe hugs her figure but still shows off her beautiful curves.