five

lauren

"laur... Calm down." dinah tries as she keeps her distance from the brunette but at the same time also keeping an eye out for her.

lauren had gone into a rampage. literally.

when camila left, lauren felt trapped again, isolated under her own skin. the girls' eyes were burning holes into her body and if they didn't look away she felt like she'd lose it at any second.

unluckily for the girls however, they didn't look away and that was the reason why ally was using a trash lid as a shield whilst ally and dinah stood behind her, trying to calm lauren down.

"you want cookies? we'll give you cookies." normani tries to bargain as she steps backward as lauren steps forward.

"ok so no cookies sheesh." taking another step backward, normani bumps into dinah and the pair fall on the floor, the clattering of the tin lid shocking lauren for a bit.

"please I just want to come home." she whimpers and ally instantly melts at the action.

ally's always been known to cave first. always.

"laur, you are home." the texan girl doesn't hesitate to come closer to lauren despite dinah and normani's warnings, and surprisingly enough, lauren doesn't move either as ally opens her arms and engulf lauren in a hug.

ally starts to tear up at finally having her missing bestfriend in her arms again. she had missed lauren and although she didn't want to think about it, she honestly thought she's never have an opportunity like this again.

she rubs circles on lauren's back as she could hear the other girl start to cry on her shoulder.

"laur-" dinah says as she joins in and soon, all four girls were hugging each other, the room filling with sounds of whimpering and bittersweet laughter as lauren's mind slowly registered where she was.

she was home.

these were her friends.

she was finally home.

lauren pulls away for a moment to look at the girls around her. although her memories were still blurry to a point where she couldn't differentiate if they were memories or just things she made up, she was sure that these girls were at some point her closest friends and that was good enough for her.

"don't you ever do that to us again." normani whispers against her hair.

lauren doesn't respond, mainly because she doesn't know what to say.

"I-I-" lauren starts but was cut off for the second time since she returned as a brunette barges into the room, out of breath and cheeks red from the cold.

"I'm here lauren, I'm here."

[I APOLOGIZE FOR THE VERY LONG WAIT AND FOR THE VERY SHORT CHAPTER BUT SCHOOL'S BEEN HECTIC AND I TAKE MY EXAMS NEXT WEEK]