“Who’s that?” The kid asked, pointing to me.

            “This is my girlfriend Cody,” Jason said and the little boy held his hand out for me. I awed and kneeled, shaking his hand.

            “Hi Cody, I’m Linnea.”

            “You’re very pretty.”

            “And you’re very handsome.” Cody blushed. “Jase, he’s cuter than you.” The kid ran to the TV.

            “Yeah, well he is my son,” Jason said, quietly. My head snapped up to Jason. “I didn’t know how to tell you… when I was 12, I got with an older girl. I hope you don’t mind.”

            “Please tell me you’re not serious.”

            “I don’t want this to change anything between us. You can be his Mum and maybe sometime soon we can all move into a house together. Maybe in a couple of months, what do you think?” Jason started laughing. “Your fucking face! I can’t believe you thought I was serious, you idiot.”

            I hit Jason as hard as I could on his shoulder. “You ass!”

            “I didn’t realise you would think I was legit.”

            “What else was I supposed to think? Oh thank God he’s not your kid.”

            “Nah he’s not but I do have a kid… a baby girl. She’s 6 months old and her Mum ran away, leaving the baby for me. She’s with my grandma at the moment.”

            I rolled my eyes. “Sure, sure. When do I get to meet her so I can play Mummy?”

            Jason’s Dad walked in. “What are you guys talking about?”

            “My daughter Bella.”

            “Oh wow, you’re taking the news well. This is usually when the girls run out. I mean I get it; it would be hard to be with a guy who already has a daughter. She’s adorable, you’ll love her.” My jaw dropped. What the fuck? I turned to Jason and he was grinning like a mad man.

            “I think Bella will like her. I’ve been looking for a girl who can be a good Mum for her.”

            Andi came and playfully slapped her husband’s shoulder. “Your sons 17 so I get it, he’s still immature but what about you? You’re 40!” She looked to me. “Jason doesn’t have any kids… well as far as I know. Now you can come with me and lets get away from these boys.”

            I turned around and shot Jason a glare. “I fucking hate you,” I said so quietly that I almost thought he wouldn’t hear.