Sick days

Third Person POV

    For two more weeks Veronica visited JD in the ICU, without telling him about the baby. Each day being harder and harder for her to endure alone, not to mention she was showing way earlier than she had planned. Sure, JD would never say anything, but her parents made it very clear she was "Gaining weight in the stomach area." They had never seen the article and never guessed she could be pregnant.
Today, was the first day she actually felt pregnant. Her parents had left for the week on a business trip, so explaining why she was throwing up all of yesterday's dinner wouldn't be a problem.  Once she had finished she cleaned her self up and got dressed. As much as she wanted to stay home and rest, she promised JD she would visit him since it was Sunday. Today was the day she was planning on telling him. Her car ride to the hospital was filled with her sobs with the pregnancy test in her lap. Even in the parking lot, she sat in the car and cried in fear of JD hating her. Finally, she wiped her tears and walked out into the hospital, still trembling so much a few nurses asked her if she needed to sit down, which she refused.

JDs POV

    "Morning" sniffled a voice, it was Veronica leaning up against the door frame. Even in her baggy clothes, frizzy hair and the dark bags under her eyes, she was so Goddamn beautiful. But it was obvious she had been crying, "Ronnie come here, what's wrong?" I stood up, and she ran into my arms hysterically sobbing. "I-I-I've b-been  s-so sick the past few days!" My heart broke. "I'm so sorry,I didn't know." I kissed the top of her forehead, I felt horrible. Veronica was good at hiding things and I had no clue she was sick. She lifted her head, "I have to tell you something. But please promise you'll still love me." I pushed back a few pieces of hair, "Veronica, nothing in this world would ever make me stop loving you!" I began to panic, my hands shook and my breath was shaky too. She handed me a piece of newspaper that read:

Birth control, Invidox no longer working, and leaving teens pregnant.

   "Oh my God!" I whispered "Are you...." my voice trailed off. "Please don't hate me! Veronica cried, and handed me a test. I got her pregnant.. She's sick because of me! We sat down on the bed as I held her and she cried into my chest harder than I've ever seen her cry. "It's not your fault, I'm not mad." Finally, she stopped sobbing and looked up at me again, "I wanna keep it,JD. My parents don't even know" I nodded. "Okay, will get through this together." I spoke softly and let her sit on my lap. "We have the day to ourselves, Mom has a few days off since Ellie has the flu."
     I looked down at Veronicas now sleeping face and kissed her forehead, "It's all going to be okay." I layed back down into the hospital bed with the beautiful girl in my arms, and pulled the blanket over the two of us. She needed some sleep. It was obvious she hadn't slept all night and even all week.
-
-
-
-
-
I woke up to the sound of loud coughing coming from my bathroom and Veronica not by my side. "Ronica?" I asked, worryingly and knocking on the door. "JD come in, please!" She coughed again and had her head in the toilet, puking when I opened the door. "Holy shit! Ronnie, should I get a nurse?" I grabbed her hair with one hand and rubbed her back with the other. "No--" she said before puking again, "This is normal, it's a part of being pregnant. I was like this last night" She stood, and cleaned herself up, "Sorry if I woke you up." She hugged me and placed her head on my shoulder. "Veronica,please wake me up next time, how long were you like this?" She glanced at the clock, "45 minutes,maybe?"
   "Awe Ronnie" I hugged her tighter. "JD please don't—" she ran over to the toilet again and threw up once more. "I don't even know what's coming out anymore." Ronnie smiled for the first time in two weeks. " I haven't eaten anything since last night." A nurse came in with a tray of food and left trying to make herself unnoticed.

Veronica's POV

JD reached out his good hand and helped me up from the floor, pulling me into a less tight hug. "You have to see and doctor and you need to eat something" he said softly, running his fingers through my hair as I was beginning to fall asleep on his chest. " Well we can fix one of those problems right now" I told him. "I heard there's a clinic down stairs."
   "JD, tomorrow, please?" I begged "My parents are away and I gave the school an absent note for the whole week. I just need to get some clothes." JD smiled and kissed my forehead, "you're not driving back home like this, just borrow some of my clothes that my dad was so kind enough to bring." My eyes widened, "Really?" He nodded, "Thank you! My clothes are starting to get tight on me." JD shot me a confused look as if to say "already?"
    I pulled up my shirt to reveal my stomach that was beginning to round itself out towards the bottom. Obviously it was the begging of a baby bump, but for now it could pass for belly fat. JD kissed my forehead again and placed his hands on my hips, rubbing his thumb on the small bump. " It's beautiful, you're beautiful." He led me out of the bathroom and helped me change into his clothes which were a black shirt and sweatpants, exactly what he was wearing. We made our way to his bed and I layed in between his legs with my head on his good leg. JD made me eat a banana and drink a few sips of his orange juice,
  "I love you Veronica, and our happy little accident too" was the last thing I heard before drifting off to sleep to the feeling of him playing with my hair.