~5~

There have been several times when Kohaku wished he could just curl up in a ball and disappear. This was one of those times.

The Aburame compound was nowhere close to training ground 13, meaning that Hiroto had to carry Kohaku through the village and into his compound.

Both Kohaku and Hiroto were semi-well known around the village, people would notice and gossip. Kohaku hated gossip.

But what could he do? He was paralysed, unable to speak, and being carried on his teammate's back to get an antidote for a poison.

His chin rested on Hiroto's shoulder and he sighed through his nose, making Hiroto glance back at him.

"If it makes you feel any better we are half-way there." Hiroto said.

Kohaku sighed again.

"Sorry..."

~~~~~

"Let's start with Shikika-chan," The Hokage said, opening the first folder.

Shikika's full name and picture were in the folder, along with all sorts of other information.

Rin's eyes scanned the page until she stopped.

"She was on a team before?" Rin asked. "And they went on two missions?"

"That is correct," Hiruzen sighed. "She was on a team with an Akimichi and a Yamananka."

"So why isn't she still?" Rin asked.

"Her teammates hated her for one, and requested she be removed from the beginning, however, I denied." He replied. "Her team went on a D-rank mission, and afterwards insisted on a C-rank mission."

"You let them?" Rin cringed.

"I did," He sighed. "And it went awful."

"What happened?"

"The civilian they were protecting was killed, and both her teammates almost died." Hiruzen frowned. "The people who attacked them weren't even high-leveled shinobi, they were simply more organized. Shikika failed to protect her teammates, and as a result, they hated her. Her team was officially disbanded, and the other two teammates retired."

"What about their sensei?" Rin asked.

"He commited seppuku not too long after the team was disbanded."

"How... Awful." Rin grimaced.

"How about Hiroto-kun next?" Hiruzen asked.

~~~~~

When they did finally make it to Hiroto's house, Kohaku's face had already begun to burn bright red in embarrassment. He had spotted quite a few familiar faces, and couldn't do anything about it.

Hiroto unlocked the door the best he could, shuffling into the quiet home and slipping his shoes off. Kohaku looked around, noticing the lack of adults.

"Oh, my kaa-san is out on a mission," Hiroto sighed. "She'll be back in a few days."

Hiroto shuffled over to the gray couch, laying Kohaku down gently.

"I'll go get the antidote now," Hiroto said, walking back towards the stairs. "Just warning you though, it won't kick in for a few hours probably. The poison has been in your system for a while."

Hiroto disappeared up the stairs, leaving Kohaku on the couch to stair up at the ceiling.

~~~~~

Hiroto's file was like Shikika's, with all his information, past history, and mission records.

"He was on a team before too?" Rin asked.

Dysfunctionalजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें