He doesn't finish. You want to know why he doesn't finish? Because he realises something, I can see it in his eyes. He realises that he's pushing the blame onto me, again. He's blaming his abuse on me. He's saying this is all my fault.

And maybe he feels guilty. Maybe he finally realises that I've had enough, I can't play this game any longer. I do something that annoys him for some strange reason, he hurts me, then he blames it all on me in the end. The cycle is endless.

He wants me to be his puppet. His well-behaved, obedient little puppet.

I don't ever want to be that. But do I have a choice?

"I'm sorry," He finally finishes. Tears glisten in his eyes and I would laugh if my middle didn't feel like it was on fire. Is he seriously going to cry? As if he should be the one crying!

I would be crying right now, but my tears have gone dry. I've basically cried out all the tears I had in me over the past couple of days. That's what Mika does to me, he makes me waste all my tears.

I finally start to eat again, but at a much slower pace this time. I can't rush food into me because it's not good for my condition. Eventually I get thirsty and reach for the glass weakly. Instead of handing it to me, he gently brings it up to my lips and tilts it. I part my lips and allow the cold liquid to slide down my parched throat. I breathe a sigh of relief when I'm done.

After I've finished most of the food and all of the water, Mika collects my dishes and stands up.

"I'll call a servant to get these, okay? I don't want to leave you just yet." My heart sinks at that. I was really hoping for some alone time. Not like being alone would be any better, because then I could be trapped in my horrible thoughts. But Mika's company is far from being good.

A servant eventually comes to grab the dishes after Mika calls for one, and then Mika is closing the door again and sitting down on the bed. This time, he's sitting much closer to me. He reaches a cold hand out and gently starts playing with my hair. I try not to cringe because I know it will only make him mad. Everything I do somehow makes him mad in some way, shape, or form.

"Yuu-chan, can you say something for me? So I can hear your voice again?" He asks softly. I swallow the lump forming in my throat and try to take a deep breath, but it hurts too much. There's a moment of silence. Brokenly, I whisper,

"W-What is there to s-say, M-Mika?" Curse the stutter.

Mika swallows and doesn't reply right away. Instead he holds my gaze with his sad blue eyes. I can't believe he's actually upset about my condition when he was the one who put me in this state in the first place. What an actual asshole.

"I can't bare to see you so hurt..." And the award for the bigger liar of the century goes to the one and only, Mikaela Shindo! "You know that, right?"

I don't reply. I want to say that I don't know that because it's not true, but I keep my mouth shut. I'm already weak enough, let's avoid further punishment, shall we?

"So please promise me you'll behave now? That you'll follow the rules and do as I say? Can you do that for me?"

I turn away, just wanting to break down and cry but there's nothing left to cry. Nothing left to cry for.

"Hello?"

I swallow, my throat going dry again. I weakly reach my hand out and place it above my wounds, so I don't touch the ointment. I trace patterns into my skin softly there to distract myself from the pain.

Finally, with the heaviest heart, I whisper,

"I promise." Mika lets out a breath he had been holding.

He reaches out and cups my cheeks, forcing me to look into his eyes. I start to tremble at his touch, but he ignores this and instead starts to lean forward. I'm suddenly filled with dread as I know what he's about to do. I squeeze my eyes shut and just let it come.

He places his surprisingly warm lips to mine, and they're so soft. Softer than I remember. He doesn't force his tongue in my mouth, but instead he kisses me sweetly in a way that someone would if they were having their first kiss. Almost like he's afraid he'll break me if he pushes it any further. How ironic it is, because he's already broken me.

My body is too weak to stop him, and I'm so tired of trying, so I let him do as he pleases. The kiss lasts a little longer than it should have, but he eventually pulls back. He presses his forehead to mine and he's breathing heavily. I only realise he's crying when I feel one of his tears land on my chin and travel down my throat and neck.

I had thought it was my own for a moment. Ah, but I'm too numb to cry.

"I'm sorry, Yuu..." He cries, apologising  for the hundredth time that day. "If I wasn't so messed up..." He doesn't finish his sentence, knowing that it's no use. There's no excuse for his abuse. (A.N. Why does this have to rhyme?)

He kisses my nose, and then finally pulls back with a shaky sigh. He takes my limp hands in his and squeezes them gently.

"I love you, Yuu. So much." He waits for me to reply, and I know I have no choice.

"Love...you too." I force out. He sees my struggle, and a heavy sadness is shown in his eyes. His hands weaken as they grasp my own.

"Keep your promise okay?" He looks at me hopefully, waiting for my response. My eyes trail over to the side of the room and I stare out the window at the scenery I'll never be able to experience freely. After a short pause, I finally reply.

"O-Okay."

It's not like I have a choice anyways.

~

A.N. You can yell at me...I've been busy with school and my two oneshot collections from another fandom. And I'm starting a third oneshot collection, so I'm super sorry if I take so long.

Please vote and comment! Thanks so much for reading. I'm sorry it was boring. :( It will get better soon! (I know I say this a lot but for real).

Anyways, I love you all so much! Thank you very much for 19k reads! :) xx

~Nia :D xoxo