30. pt2

Chelsea

I wiped my tears as I just stared at his body . His heart monitor was the only thing that could be heard in the room . Last night he went into surgery and the fact that he hasn't woken up since scared me .

A nurse with a clipboard in her hand entered the room with a warm smile plastered across her face .

"Hello , I'm Nurse Sheila . You guys doing alright up in here?" She asked .

"Um , yeah." I said lowly but loud enough for her to hear.

"You have any questions?"

"Actually I do. Um, where exactly was he shot at?" I questioned .

"He was shot in the back twice and in the side once. The bullet can travel but luckily it didn't hit a bone in his back so he won't be paralyzed or anything in that sort." She explained .

"Okay. That's all." I nodded and she checked his monitor before leaving out the room .

Sitting back in my chair , I sighed .

It was still crazy how everything took a turn last night . Everything was going perfectly and then next thing you know you're ducking from bullets .

I was beginning to think that Tristan should stay away from me . First him getting into a fight with Kentrell , now this . I felt guilty for everything .

A small groan escaping Tristan's lips made me look over at him . He moved a little as if he was uncomfortable .

A small smile appeared across my face as my eyes began to water

A small smile appeared across my face as my eyes began to water . To see him finally awake and moving was everything right now .

Sniffling , he looked over at me and gave me a smile smile . "Hey."

"Hey." I chuckled as I pulled my chair closer to him . Taking his hand in mine , I rubbed my thumb gently against it. "I'm so sorry."

"You don't have to apologize." He shook his head a little.

"I do. All this is my fault. If you wouldn't have took me to prom you wouldn't be in this position. And for some strange reason , I feel as if the bullets that hit you were meant for me." I expressed as I silently cried .

"Chels , stop. None of this is your fault so don't sit here and blame yourself for anything."

"Everything is just fucked up." I sighed .