Chapter Seven

When they arrived back at pack HQ, Moira met them at the door, drawn by the impossibly strong magic she could feel emanating from Amari. "So it's true. The Eternal Lady is real," she whispered before dropping into a low curtsy. "It's an honor to meet you, my lady," the blind witch said. Amari grew uncomfortable. She knew that she had become something of a legend in the eyes of witches everywhere, but she hadn't been expecting this. "Th-that's really not necessary," she stuttered. Bran and Angus snickered at the complete and utter discomfort written on Amari's face. Deciding to help out his newfound mate, Bran said,"Alright, Moira. That's enough. I think you're making her uncomfortable." Amari shot Bran a grateful look. Suddenly, Anna burst into the Hall, having heard their voices. "There you are! It's getting worse, so can we hurry up and save Charles already?" she exclaimed, rushing back to her mate. "Feisty little Omega," Amari muttered under her breath. Bran smirked before furrowing his brows in confusion. How did Amari know that Anna was an Omega wolf? Brushing the matter aside, he followed Anna to where Charles lay, still trapped in his cursed sleep. Amari was right behind him, with Angus bringing up the rear. Upon entering the room, however, the witch quickly passed Bran and made her way to the unconscious werewolf, kneeling by his head. She held her hand over his fur and closed her eyes. Moments later, she opened her eyes and nodded to herself. "I can undo the spell, but it will require some ingredients and other things from my workshop at home. If you'll allow me to go get them, reversing the spell will take no more than an hour. It's powerful, but poorly done. Whoever cast the spell was more focused on providing raw strength than making sure the magic couldn't be undone by a simple counter-curse," the raven-haired sorceress said. Bran nodded. "I'll drive," he stated, heading for the door. Not wanting to argue, Amari just followed him out, not knowing what kind of trouble awaited them at her house.