Chapter Two

When Bran and Angus arrived at Emerald City Pack HQ, Tom Franklin, the pack second and Moira's mate, was helping the blind witch out of their vehicle. "I can feel the dark magic," Moira said. "We must hurry." As they walked into the building, the smell of black magic nearly sent Bran's wolf into a frenzy. Just how powerful was the spell Charles got hit with? The scent lead them to a room built to hold out of control werewolves. Inside, Anna sat on the floor with Charles's head in her lap. He was still in wolf form, and was twitching like he was having a seizure. He was also whimpering, which worried Bran. Moira stepped closer and knelt next to Anna, laying her hand on Charles's head. "This is not good. It seems the black witches' spell has trapped Charles inside his mind. The spell causes the victim to see their worst fears come true. It's designed to break his spirit and mind, allowing the caster to turn him into a mindless servant," the witch told them. "Can you reverse the spell?" Anna asked her. Moira only shook her head. "A spell this dark is beyond my ability. There is nothing I can do," she replied sadly. Anna started sobbing again when she heard this. "Is there nothing you know of that can help?" Angus inquired. Moira merely shook her head again. Just as Bran was about to demand she try anyway, Moira seemed to get an idea. "While there is nothing I myself can do, perhaps there is someone who can help," she stated. The four wolves immediately looked to her. "Who is it?" Bran demanded. "Keep in mind, she may not be willing to help, and that's if you can find her. This witch is said to be over 300 years old, and may not even be alive anymore," Moira cautioned. Bran growled. They didn't have time for this! "Tell me who she is," he ordered, losing patience quickly. Moira sighed, defeated. "She is known simply as The Eternal Lady."