One Thousand And One Lives

R. Anvesha had no reason to be unhappy or discontent, she had it all, or so it appeared to any casual observer, but despite it all, Anvesha was frustrated. She had an inexplicable feeling that there was something missing in her life and as she could not find any reason for the same, each passing day found her sinking deeper into the pit of melancholy.

Though she hid it well and pretended everything was fine, she could not ignore the wretchedness that filled her as she went about her regular routines. In spite of her mother in law's daily reminder to 'be grateful for what she had', Anvesha faced a gnawing despair to want more, or rather want something different, something which she really could not identify.

It gave birth to restlessness within her, a restlessness that grew day by day and left her irked and angry, with herself and the rest of the world.

One day, she makes an a desperate wish, a wish for a life of adventure, a life of romance, a life of mystery, a life that was different from the one she led. She should have remembered her mother's constant admonishment, 'be careful what you wish for, it could come true.'

For Anvesha's wish did come true, just not in the way she wanted or expected.

Her wish crashed into her, leaving her wrecked and her family shattered. As her family and friends rallied to her side, fighting medical reasoning with an unshakeable faith and faced apparent hopelessness with steadfast determination, she travels through a thousand lives, experiencing a gamut of emotions, till she realises what it is to truly live and finally learns to appreciate the one life she has.

Genre: General Fiction with a dose of philosophy and paranormal

Status: On hiatus, hence temporarily unpublished.