Learning The Ropes

After introductions were over The Entity took them to the map he made for her, as he did all the others. It was the destroyed remnants of the lab Shadow was trapped in after the raid. The sight made Shadow scared and pained but also filled her with a sense of calm and peace. 

They explored for a bit, Shadow explaining what everything was and what they did there. Soon they came across the testing room, the once shiny metal table now rusted and covered in ash. It was here Shadow told the four killers her tale and how she came to look the way she did.

They were all horrified at her treatment but Shadow told them not to grow to angry, all those men were dead now. Once they were finished exploring it was time to learn her powers. The Entity made her legs stable to run and keep up with the survivors, the rest was up to them. 

Philip was the first to help Shadow learn by showing her how to use her abilities. Everyone helped her figure out what they were but Philip taught her how to use them for The Entity's trials. She could now control her stings with her mind, which she could use to jump and vault over objects like windows and boxes. Evan taught her perks and item, like what they did and how to get them.

Anna helped her learn to attack since Shadow had a ranged attack like her. Shadow would freeze in place and push her arms forward, her hands hanging limply, and launch the strings from her wrists. If she hit someone she would shake her hands and strings to flick the blood off. 

Anna also showed Shadow how to mori, The Entity provided a dummy to test on. Shadow lifted them up by the neck using her wrist strings, strangling them. She then took her other arm strings and held their limbs, preventing them from grabbing the strings. Finally, with her six leg stings, she shot them through their heart, one by one, before throwing them to the side.

Lastly, Amanda showed her how to maneuver the map, what all the signals were, how to break pallets, and sacrifice survivors. To make the trials fair The Entity had rules for movement and actions that Shadow needed to learn. Unlike the others, her power let her jump over objects they normally couldn't. 

She used her wrist and ankle strings to grab the ledge and pull herself over. Using her knee stings to whack the pallets and brake them. Lastly, Amanda showed her how to down and hook survivors. Anna's job was teaching attacks but since she didn't talk well Amanda was the better choice. 

Evan played the survivor to help Shadow learn how to hit and down, limping and then going down to show her. With the dummy Shadow practiced picking up and hooking, finally, she was ready for her first trial.