Part 8

She saw Lukas reply to her text earlier. He said he was lonely which made her a bit sad. But she was already sad enough without Adrien so she would reply to him in the morning. The college students were very busy and in the beginning every was working out great for them. Within the first few months they were doing great academically. Marinette had gotten an internship with the Agreste business even though Adrien's father wasn't the designer running it anymore since he was put in jail. Meanwhile Adrien was excelling in his acting courses and had even gotten into a Broadway show to start his career. The lives of the two were perfect... but they were missing each other. They were an ocean away and had wanted each others touch. They wanted to hear each others actual voices, not the slightly distorted ones the phone provided them with. But they were just too busy... And eventually... those feelings of constant want for each other went away. The days that they got to talk to each other gradually diminished. They went from talking everyday, to once a week, to twice a month and even less. This long distance relationship was very challenging for the both of them. None of them could even visit the other over Christmas because of various shows they had. It could be said that they didn't have time to talk to each other anymore with their crazy schedules. But a sad phenomenon in life is when people we love naturally grow apart from us as we grow apart from them. Even with all the live they had for each other... it was just hard. The few times they got to call each other they were rushed and felt more like acquaintances than lovers.
This relationship went on for months and months. During this time Marinette and Luka had become very close friends since they only knew each other. They were just friends. Not in a romantic way at all. Adrien and Lila were forced to become somewhat of friends. They were not nearly as close as Marinette and Luka were but Lila opened up about past experiences she has had and this made Adrien possibly realize why she su the ways she is. But at the same time he had no idea if she was lying so....
Marinette POV: spring break was on its way and Marinette was finally seeing Adrien for the first time in like 7 months. But she had experienced a feeling she hadn't in a while... anxiousness to see Adrien.
Anyways it was their one year anniversary the Friday he come back and she was over the moon excited to see him. They hadn't face timed in a while so she hadn't seen him other than in some social media platforms. But they did talk.
He finally came back but there was something off about him. She ran up to him and hugged him so tight. He hugged her right back like it was yesterday.
Adrien POV: it has been so long since I have seen Marinette. I literally haven't seen her in so long and am very excited yet a little anxious. He saw her bluebell eyes and hugged her so tight and spun her around. This felt right.
No ones POV:
Later that evening they talked about everything happening in their college lives. It was strange hearing shocking news about each other because usually they knew everything... Marinette's phone rings. She picks it up quickly while adios sitting in the end of her bed but she forgot to turn it off of speaker.
Luka: "So how are the one year anniversary plans going?" She quickly turned it off of speaker.
Adrien looked at her and felt so bad. He had forgotten.
"Marinette Im so sorry I completely forgot... it's just that it's been so long and I haven't—"
"It's ok Adrien. We can just go get Andre's like the olden days."
"Marinette I actually have to film a scene in here for the new movie tonight."
"Oh ok."
"I'm so sorry bugaboo" it sounded weird hearing him say that for the first time in a while. "It's a huge deal." He left 20 minutes later. Later that night Marinette saw that Lila posted something on her instagram. She was shocked to see Adrien and her in the picture and it was captioned. "Some partying after some shooting is what I call my lifestyle."  I - I guess maybe we were made to grow apart....