Chapter 13: Hermit Purple

An hour later

No one's p.o.v

An hour passed after (Y/N) and Ozpin's conversation. Now that Weiss had made a full recovery, teams RWBY, JNPR, K. Ruel, Vanilla Ice, Joseph, and (Y/N) all met in Ozpin's office to talk about the location of the White Fang base.

Ren: I thought Adam made a note saying where it was? A cave south of Menagerie island?

Blake: He did. But the island is so big that he could be talking about any number of islands. Plus, if there's anything I learned from my time being with him, he always likes to bend the truth, so there's no way we could know if he's lying or not.

Weiss: If that's true, then how are we supposed to find them? And it's not like K. Ruel or Blake know because they moved in a different spot.

Joseph: That's where I come in.

Everyone looked at the Hamon user. Not only was he wearing attire more suited for traveling great distances, but he was also holding what appeared to be an old camera.

Joseph: [Hermit Purple] doesn't just act like vines. I can also make spirit photos to find something far away.

Ozpin: Indeed. This was actually the same method I had him use to originally find (Y/N) and have Jotaro investigate.

(Y/N): I thought I felt someone watching me.

Yang: So, what, you can find any person in the world using this?

Joseph: Essentially. Let's say I took a picture of someone in front Trattoria Trussardi. I could use the restaurant in the background to get a rough idea as to where the person hangs out.

Jaune: So why didn't you use it to see if Adam really was at the warehouses before we went?

Joseph: The photos I take are limited to only showing a small area. Yes, I was able to take spirit photos of Adam, but every picture I took either had the night sky behind him or was in a dark room. Both don't give a lot of details and they could've been in an underground base in the desert for all I know.

Pyrrha: So the reason why you couldn't tell was because the background was too common?

Joseph: Exactly. However, now that we have a clue as to where the base might be, we can try taking more pictures to find even the tiniest detail. (Y/N) was also in a dark room when I tried looking for him. Lucky for us, my grandson's [Star Platinum] has extreme precision and accuracy, and he was able to zoom into the picture to find one of the family crests used by the castle. Using that information, we were able to narrow down where he was. We could try doing something similar right now to find the White Fang base!

K. Ruel: Wait! I think I have an idea!

Everyone turned to the crocodile faunus, intrigued by what he had to say. Before he continued, K. Ruel put his hand in his pocket and shuffled around for a bit to try to grab something. He finally found it and raised it high enough for everyone to see. It was a picture of 4 people. The first was a woman with long, green hair. He had scales showing in her cheeks and going down her neck. She had yellow eyes and a sweet smile. The next was a man that was a little taller. He had short and spiky hair and his eyebrows looked almost as if they were made of scales themselves. His teeth were jagged and sharp, but he gave a heartfelt smile nevertheless. Next was a young adult male, looking like he was in his early 20's. He had both traits from his parents, having yellow eyes and sharp teeth. His hair was dark green and spiky, but it was facing behind him. And finally, being carried by her mother, was a small baby girl. She had a lot of hair for her age and was sucking on her tail as if it were a pacifier. She was a bit small, but otherwise she looked like a healthy young baby who would grow up to do great things. (Y/N) looked at the picture, and for a moment, thought about his mother again, how everything would've been better had she lived. But that wasn't important right now. He had to pay attention to the task at hand.