Chapter 9: Sedated

With Jaune and Pyrrha

No one's p.o.v

Jaune and Pyrrha were searching through the warehouses located on the right side. As they did so, Pyrrha would often glance at Jaune without realizing it. She couldn't help falling for someone who was as kind as him. Sure, he was a bit clumsy, absent minded at times, and not exactly impressive in physical build. But all of these qualities were the reason why she adored him. She was, however, hesitant to tell him because she was afraid. Afraid that Jaune would be intimidated by her high rank. She didn't want to lose him like that, so for now, she just silently admired her blonde leader.

Jaune: Hey, Pyrrha? You ok?

Pyrrha: Huh? Oh! Yeah, I'm fine!

Jaune: Alright...? I, um, just wanted to say thanks.

Pyrrha: For what?

Jaune: For teaching me how to fight. I never would've gotten to where I am now if it wasn't for you.

Pyrrha: It was my pleasure. You were also a good trainee! You made a lot of progress than when you first started.

Jaune: Thank you. What did I do to deserve friends like you...

Pyrrha: What do you mean?

Jaune: It's just... I know you guys already talked to me about it and that you already accepted it, but I still feel like a jerk for faking my transcripts. Here I am, saying how much I wanted to become a hero in my family like my other ancestors when I already did something to contradict that.

Pyrrha looked at Jaune worried. She put both arms on his shoulders and gave her a short smile.

Pyrrha: No hero is complete without his or her flaws, Jaune. Even the greatest leaders made mistakes. The important thing is that they learned from them. So tell me, are you going to repeat the same mistake again?

Jaune: What!? No! I would ne-

Pyrrha: Then you have nothing to worry about. You're much more than just a liar, Jaune. You are a smart strategist, an adaptable fighter, a natural leader, and a kind person. But most of all, you are our friend. We will never judge you on your mistakes alone. So don't think that you don't deserve to be here, understand?

Jaune: Y-Yeah... I get it. Sorry for having to go through this talk again.

Pyrrha: No problem. Now let's go find that base, shall we?

Jaune: Right!

The two started searching again. Every warehouse looked the same, and they were worried that they wouldn't find anything. That is, until they stopped at one and found a woman sitting on a crate reading a book. She had dark purple hair that stopped at her neck. Her pants had multiple holes in it that showed off her legs and her belt strap was loose on one end. A black jacket was tied around her waist and her gray long sleeved shirt had a peace symbol on the right shoulder and the three claw symbol of the White Fang going down from her left shoulder to her right hip. She had visible fangs on her upper lip, however they were not that of a vampire. They were longer and more slick, indicating that she was a snake faunus.

???: Huh. Adam wasn't kidding when he said you guys were smarter than you looked. You searched in pairs instead of searching alone. Most people would've made that fatal mistake.

Jaune: Who are you?

???: My name is Ramona. I was sent by Adam to kill you and your friends.