Running from my shadow

Papa hasn't been himself since the hospital, he only had a panic attack, me and Dad have been helping him since then too. But neither of us happen to help as much as we thought... It's been three days and he hasn't been out of his room.

"Dad, has papa said a word to you since he's been home?"
"He's spoke to me every so often sweetie, give him time he'll come back around"

I slid more into our couch stuck in my own thoughts... "I hope he doesn't think he's alone" I whispered.

----------------------------------------------------------
"Even your own daughter doesn't want to come up to see you, good thing she doesn't have to see this worthless thing just laying here"
"SHUT UP"

"Mikey..?"
I pulled my hands away from my face I could feel the heat from crying "Ches, I'm sorry it was a nightmare. Is everything okay? How's Mags?" I pulled my knees up to my chest hugging them against me.

I watched as Chester sat on the edge of our bed, his eyes soft with a look of worry 'of course he'd be worried, I'm fucking losing my mind' 
"She's doing okay, he's a little worried though, she just wants to make sure her papa is alright" he rested his hand on my knee giving me his cute small smile "let her know I'm fine... I'm just tired"

He leaned forward and kissed my forehead 'that seem to calm that damn voice a bit'  "Nodabear I want you to know you're not alone here, we are right by your side" I looked up as Chester started to leave our room "I never doubted it" I spoke softly feeling tears poking at the back of my eyes "Good, now me and Mags are gonna head out and grab things for dinner, we were planning on making your favorite. Will you be alright til we get back?" I nodded my head "I'll just rest up a bit more til you get back" I smiled at him.
Chester gave me another smile before closing our door, I waited until I couldn't hear his footsteps anymore and that's when I couldn't hold it in anymore..

I cried, I cried for what seemed like buckets of tears I just couldn't stop
----------------------------------------------------------
I laid there for hours, Chester and Maggie haven't been back yet
'probably thought to finally leave you like they should have long ago'
I stud up out of bed and walked myself to the bathroom, I looked at my reflection and it made me feel even worse, the dark circles under my eyes, my beard completely untrimmed my hair looked as though I poured hair gel all over.
"Shower, that's all you need. Shower, clean up and have dinner with your family" I told myself.

After my shower my head felt clear, I got dressed and walked into my home studio sitting down in front of my keyboard made desk, I just stared at my mixing boards why couldn't anything come to me 'I've always been able to write without even thinking'

"Papa we're home!"
I jumped at the sound of Maggie's voice "my babygirl" I softly smiled
I turned around to the sound of my office door opening and saw her walk in "papa, we got dinner to make your favorite tonight and dad also got yours and his favo- papa are you okay?" I smiled at her and opened my arms up for her to come to me, she practically ran into my arms "I'm fine sweetheart, do you wanna help me come up with a song?" She smiled up at me with the same eyes she had when we first met her in the studio for A Thousand Suns so much joy and excitement in them.

"Yes, please, I can help write lyrics. And you can make the music for them" I smiled and pulled her onto my lap and turned back to sound boards.
----------------------------------------------------------
I sat in my chair playing around with sounds here and there while Maggie sat and wrote all the lyrics she could come up with "papa, I think I have a song" I pushed my chair back to her and leaned in on her writing "what did you come up with?" "I wrote a song about you, how you've helped live the life I never thought I'd get to live... With a family" I smiled at her "Well, we'll have to make a beat for it and get you and dad to sing it" her eyes lit up "I'm gonna go show dad and tell him about the idea" "you head on down and do that let me know if dinner is done while you're at it" she kissed my cheek and ran with her notepad yelling for Chester.

I pulled myself back to my keyboard smiling 'you? She wrote a song about you even when YOU lost her, when YOU got her kidnapped. Can't believe she wrote one about you'. 
"Shut up, I can't fucking think when you're talking" I whispered
I looked down at my keyboard playing anything that came to mind
Softly play I finally had my own thoughts and let music take me

'And when the lights go down
I see things I can't explain
Calling out my name
The lights go down
Holding every memory close
Tonight is for our ghosts
Ghosts
Ghosts
Tonight is for our ghosts'

"Papa...?"
"Maggie, hey. Dinner ready?"
She nodded "is that... How you feel?" I looked at her a little shocked "di-did you hear that?" She nodded again. I sighed and put my face into my hands, I felt arms wrap over my back I almost started to cry again but Maggie's voice pulled me from it "you're not alone papa, you've got me, dad Uncle Robbie, Brad , Joe, Phoenix all of us. Just like you did with me"

I shot up and pulled Maggie close to me, I could hear Chester's footsteps coming up the stairs I looked up to the door seeing him smile as he watched me hold our daughter.

"Holding every memory close" Maggie whispered I smiled into her hair I felt tears roll down my cheek "we'll get through this Mikey" Chester wrapped his arms around me and Maggie and we sat there for what felt like hours with it only being a few minutes "you two dinner is ready, you better get down there before it gets cold"
----------------------------------------------------------

Hi readers, long time no update huh? I'm sorry about that, there's just been a whole lot of stuff on my plate since I've last updated this story... 2...3..years ago?  Well I'm still working on this as much as I can and working out the stuff on my plate too. So please be patient with me, I do love that everyone is wanting more updates and more. I appreciate the love that this story is getting I really never thought I'd get this much attention with this. But thank you for so many reads!

Hopefully in the future I'll have more to come again please be patient