Halfway right: part 2

"Chester relax we have to hope for the court to pass it. We'll be fine" I watched as papa calmed dad down, I've been living with them for almost two months now and they already feel like my real dads court papers or not, they're always going to be my dads

"Maggie could you help me out here?" Mike asked me "sure papa"
I walked up Chester his eyes glistened with tears "dad, its gonna be okay papers or not you're still gonna be my dad, and we're still gonna be a family, you have nothing to worry about"

Chester pulled me into his lap and hugged me "thank you sweetie, I love you with all my heart" "and I love you too, dad"

"That's all you needed was a talk from her? You two are something its like you have healing powers or something for each other" Mike laughed, Chester pulled him in to our hug causing it to be a small group hug "now all we're missing are the other guys to complete this group hug I laughed between the two of them.

We broke the hug away but I stayed on Chester's lap smiling like a little kid again, I had a family, a family I feel safe with, one that I know will love and protect me.
The door bell rung and caused me to jump Chester laughed, Mike got the door smiling "What is it Shinoda?" Chester said tickling me trying to make me laugh "its a package for you from your mom probably that birthday present she got you, and then there's something for me and you"

I got off Chester's lap and ran to my room real fast to grab my phone before I went and took our dog for a walk, I grabbed it and my headphones before jogging back down stairs smiling but once I reached the bottom step I heard sobbing

"Papa? Dad? What wrong?" "Its nothing sweetie, go take Dean for a walk" "okay... I was planning on it, I'll see you guys in a hour, come on Dean"

*Chester's POV*

"Chester we have a problem..." "What do you mean Mikey" Mike handed me a letter, my heart skipped a beat when I read adoption... But that wasn't the case
"How can this be?! Can they even do this?!" I sobbed in my hands "papa? Dad? What's wrong?" "Nothing sweetie, go take Dean for a walk"

As Maggie took Dean for a walk, my sobs soften. "this is just a bump in the road right now, and we'll get over it... And we'll get over it the right way" Mike said rubbing my back.

*Maggie's POV*
"Papa, dad. We're home"
"Maggie come to the living room" I heard Mike.
I unhooked Dean and set my phone and headphones down on the island in the kitchen "hi guys you'll never what Dean did he wen-" I stopped and seen their faces a face of sadness "oh no, who died?"

"No one sweet heart, take a seat we need to talk to you about something" I sat down on the couch opposite from them silent filled the room "what happen?" Chester looked to me and then to Mike, Mike sighed "do you have any other relatives that you know of?" I shook my head "no, why? Papa what is this about?"
He handed me a letter.

"Your court file has been put on hold as you have a court date set to be published as of now, the courts will contact to for the adoption of Maggie Myers to be disgusted with relatives Brent and Erica Myers"

"Wait... So I have relatives? My aunt and uncle?" Chester nodded "for what?!? Why does it have to be disgusted?" "We don't know until to court date is set, until then... We wait"

"But I can't lose you guys if this is dealing with you adopting me, can they do this?" "Its the law sweetie" I walked up to Chester and Mike and hugged them both letting the paper drop "were a family... Paper or not" "family, paper not" they said together.
---------------------------------------------------------
A/N: just getting started