Happy Campers (Chapter 5, Part 2)

It was finally weekend again. You just came back from the grocery store and bought some extra things you might need. Noticing that it was about 2 pm, you started getting dressed in something sporty and comfortable. With you finishing your quick lunch and putting some last necessities in your backpack, a strange sound coming from your backyard spooked you. Slowly, you peeked out the window and saw a weird looking vehicle. You calmed down when you saw Morty and Summer in the backseat and Rick opening the vehicle doors and walking to your house. You opened the door to let him in. Within a second he cupped your face and kissed your lips.

"Hello to you too." You said.

"Are you ready to enjoy nature and shit?" he picked up your backpack and walked back to the space ship with you by his side.

"Yes, I really love being outside. It will be fun." You sat on the ship's front passenger seat after Rick opened the door for you.

"Hello, Miss Y/LN." Summer and Morty greeted you.

You smiled, "Hello. It's okay, you can call me Y/N."

Rick got in the ship as well and heard the kids whispering something, "Damn, grandpa is such a gentleman now. He carried her bag and opened the door and shit." Summer giggled.

"He even cleaned the ship. Do you see how nice it looks?" Morty added.

"He's trying really hard to impress her!"

You laughed too, but tried to keep quiet. "Hey, shut the fuck up you two or you'll sleep outside!" Rick growled at the giggling children, they fell silent immediately. "They're lying, y'know?" he said to you.

"I'm sure they are." you spoke sarcastically. 

"You don't believe me?"

"Not at all." You laughed, "But it's okay, I'm flattered."

"Aww!" Summer exclaimed.

"Can we go now?" Morty demanded, "Before I get diabetes?"

The ship made a weird startup sound and started flying after a few seconds. You were startled by the sudden movement so you buckled your seat belt. Looking down through the window you saw that you were pretty high up, people on the streets were looking up at the space ship and pointing at it. Rick turned on the radio and instead of the normal pop songs you're used to hearing, the music sang about something called 'terry folds.' You were quite confused, but decided not to question it. After a few more minutes of flying, the ship landed in a small clearing in the middle of the woods. You stepped outside, took a deep breath and appreciated the trees and the plants surrounding you.

Rick joined you and wrapped his hand around you. "Isn't it beautiful?" you spoke.

"Not as beautiful as..." he pecked your lips, "...you."

"Stop doing that." You blushed.

"Doing what?"

"Making me all flustered." You whispered, "Shouldn't you be doing something?"

"Oh, right." He walked over to the ship and grabbed a bag, "Summer come with me, we gotta setup the cameras and stuff. Morty, Y/N, you can handle the camp fire."

Rick went with his granddaughter deeper into the woods and left you with Morty. The two of you started to collect some branches and whatnot and placed them on the floor between some big logs, a bit further away from the ship.

"Morty, is everything okay?" you asked the young boy because you noticed that he's been in a bad mood for a few days now.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking." He sat down next to the pile of branches and started arranging them neatly. "Thinking about Rick and you being together. I-I was really against it at first, but now that I see you being happy with him and- and him being happy with you. I changed my mind... I'm glad you found each other."

"Thank you, sweetie. I appreciate it." You smiled.

-

Meanwhile Rick and Summer walked along a path for a few minutes. "Grandpa, why are we going so far away?" Summer groaned.

"Do you want to lure it to our tents? You want the 1500 lbs Bigfoot to eat all your food and then snuggle up with you?" Rick said and Summer looked at the ground, "Didn't think so. Now help me set this up."

They tied a motion capture camera to a low hanging tree branch. On the ground a few feet away from the camera Rick placed a little box with holes in it. It emitted a smell that attracted only Bigfoot. After another few minute walk, they set up another camera.

"Look at these flowers!" Summer beamed.

"What about them?"

Summer picked one and gave it to Rick, "Give this to Y/N. She'll love it."

"Yeah... she will." He smiled, "Thank you Summer."

They walked back to where you and Morty were comfortably talking. Summer sat on the log next to her brother, while Rick sat closely next to you. A smile formed on your face when you noticed what he was holding in his hand, "Is that for me?"

"Of course it is." He tucked the flower neatly in your hair.