Intruder (Chapter 16, Part 2)

Rick helped you climb up the ladder and into his garage, "Ready to meet them?" He asked and you nodded. The two of you walked into the living room where everyone was seated, "Ladies and gentleman... and Jerry." Rick spoke, "Introducing: Y/N."

"Hey, Y/N!" everyone spoke in unison.

"Hello!" You smiled.

"Everyone better be nice to her, okay?" Rick advised, "Cause if I see any disrespect towards her, it won't be pretty."

"Stop it, Rick." You whispered to your boyfriend as you sat down next to him on the couch.

Beth cleared her throat, "So, Y/N. Tell us about yourself."

You took a deep breath, "Well... I was a teacher in Harry H. High school. That's where we met for the first time." Rick smiled when you looked at him, "Then we--"

"But that didn't really happen," Jerry interrupted you, "because of the simulation and all that, right?"

"The fuck is wrong with you, Jerry?" Rick barked.

"I mean... yes, technically it didn't really happen, but that doesn't mean--" You tried to say something, but you kept getting interrupted.

"So, how did it feel to be a program created to trick my dad into telling you his secrets?" Beth questioned, "It must be really weird to have fake feelings for someone."

You were taken aback by her directness, "I- I didn't know that I was a program, neither did I know for what purpose I was created until Rick told me everything. And my- my feelings aren't fake, Beth..."

Rick was clearly upset, "Stop with those stupid fucking questions, she's clearly not interested in talking about it."

"Yeah, mom, what- what are you trying to say?" Morty raised an eyebrow, "I'm starting to fell as if you two don't trust her."

"Well, Morty, you can't really blame us for being suspicious of a woman who has only existed in the real world for a few hours." Beth let out a light chuckle as to try and soften the words she just said.

"Mom, are you disallowing true love?" Summer asked.

Beth took a sip of her wine, "There's no such thing as true love, Sweetie."

You grew very uncomfortable so you slipped your hand into Rick's. He looked at you and noticed in how much distress you were in. 

Jerry spoke, "We're not saying that Y/N is a bad person/robot or anything. We would just like to be sure we're not putting our family in danger by letting an ex Federation program into our house."

Rick was clearly holding back the anger that was boiling inside of him, "Jerry, if you don't fucking stop this very second--"

"I'm sorry I caused so much trouble." You abruptly stood up, "I'm clearly not welcome here..." You walked towards the front door and left the house. As you walked away from it, you weren't afraid of getting lost because you knew Rick would follow you.

"BABE!" Rick sprinted to you, "Stop! Hey, where are you going?" He stepped in front of you and placed his hands on your shoulders.

You didn't raise your head to look at him because you didn't want him to see you cry, "I'm sorry I'm such a burden to you and your family."

"I already told you." He cupped your face so he could see you, "You're not a burden, don't every say that."

"Rick, they hate me." You whispered.

He thought for a moment, "You know what? Let's stay over at a hotel or something and tomorrow we'll all meet up or some shit and sort this out. How does that sound?"

You slowly nodded, "Yeah, okay."

-

"Mom! Dad! What was that all about?!" Morty and Summer were fuming.

Beth shrugged, "The truth."

"What truth?" Summer told off, "You just kept attacking her for no reason! She didn't do anything to you."

"Oh shut up, Summer. The only thing you're good at is taking pictures of yourself and posting them on Instagram." Her mother snapped, "That bitch of a program is just trying to manipulate you into liking her so she can take over our lives."

The kids looked at each other, "Are you making theories based on absolutely no evidence?" Morty raised an eyebrow, "You're just assuming that she's evil?"

"Well, as the old saying goes: better safe than sorry." Jerry added.

"And besides, we were doing perfectly fine without her in our lives. Who needs her anyway?" Beth chuckled.

"Grandpa Rick does." Summer made known.

"No, he doesn't." Beth spoke.

"He's depressed, Mom." The red-haired daughter continued, "He's been miserable from the first day I met him. Stop pretending he's the master of independence and that he doesn't need anyone. Because that's not true. All the insults and all the criticism we get from him is just a coping mechanism. Just a way to protect himself from getting hurt."

"And- and if he's found someone, program or not, who can make him feel better then I think she very much deserves to be in our lives." Morty added.

Beth was filled to the brim with anger, "Go to your rooms." she said. After seeing the kids not reacting, she raised her voice, "I said, go to your rooms!" The kids stood up and left the living room.

"They seemed really certain that she's a good person." Jerry noticed.

"Snap out of it Jerry! This is exactly what she wants." Beth spoke gruffly, "She already has my dad and our children on her side. We can't let ourselves fall for her tricks."