~*Call for Help*~

It was Delia's parents' death anniversary. It was the day her whole body felt lifeless and her heart ached. She wanted to skip classes and sit somewhere alone and cry her heart out so that she could feel a little lighter.

But the most she did was skip first class and cry silently in the shower when Wendy left the room. Even though so many years have passed, this was the worst time of year for her. It felt like she was reliving the horror.

Silently she dragged herself to class holding it together by a thread.

The day passed by without any troubles thankfully but as the evening descended, Delia's mood got worse. Her blood pressure dropped and severe headache hit her. She was scared that like always she would not end the day in peace. She either had panic attacks or fainted due to stress. Every time she would close her eyes, the scene replayed in her head and she had no one to help her through this.

"Delia, hello?" Melaney said waving something in front of her.

Most of the time she has managed to tune out Melaney even though Melaney herself talked less but right now she was excited for some reason.

"yes?"

"Are you going to the party tonight?" She asked and Delia noticed the white invitation cards.

"What is this?"

"Delia, do you live in this world?" And chuckled lightly.

"it's the official party thrown by the University for the new students after they settle in. Organised by seniors and teachers."

"Not my scene I think." She answered unnerved at the idea of any celebration today.

"I expected that  much but I will be going alone, please be my date." She asked being as much a loner as Delia.

"Pretty please Delia." She said and Delia realised she can't refuse.

She had just two friends by some miracle and one of them was asking for something. She just can't refuse.

"Ok." She nodded with a small smile.

The classes ended earlier because of the party at the night and Delia rushed to Devian's place to check on him. She had been visiting him for the past three days now since the night she stayed but each time the door would stay closed. He was not letting her share the pain.

But halfway through the hill climbing, she started feeling unwell. So she turned back and walked back to the painting room ditching the shift at the job as well. Finding the room empty she sat down among the familiar scent of paint and varnish and other things.

She didn't want to paint or anything, she just down as the university bustled with the excited crowd as she was left all alone again. Not distract herself she picked up the brush and painted the canvas yellow, the red firey yellow but that didn't help and she realised she was growing short of breath.

And all she could see is the dead hollow eyes of her parents staring back. Her whole body started to tremble as she started hyperventilating. For some reason she was worse than last year, at least she stayed sane till night, till the time she could sit near their graves and talk to them.

So she did the extreme and called up Devian hoping he would pick up, hoping he would not bother that it was still the time where people could see him. For some reason, he didn't like to be in front of people.

Just after three rings, he answered and Delia struggled to speak.

"Delia?" He asked sounding worried.

"Help please." She said in a choking voice.

"Keep talking to me Delia, I am coming to you." He said.