Chapter 21

" Stop fooling around!" I squealed as Austin tightened his grip around my waist.

I banged my fist against his back playfully and he laughed. Suddenly I was traded off and now Chase had me slung over his shoulder.

" Not funny guys."

They both laughed.

" Brianna! You aren't going to help?"

" Sorry baby. We all know I could never take them down," I heard her say.

" If you two don't put me down I swear I will beat the living shit out of both of you once I'm put down."

" You could never take me one on one and win babe," Chase teased.

" Put her down. She can fight. Plus. I'm the one that has to sleep with her, not you. I just got back to being allowed to sleep in bed. I'd like to keep it that way."

Chase laughed but set me down.

" I ain't scared of little Ms. Goldilocks," he said, flicking one of my curls.

I snapped at him with my teeth and he pulled his hand away quickly.

" A little too slow," he chuckled but didn't make a move to touch me again.

Smart.

Austin and I have put the whole Ashley thing behind us. I still being it up now and then to let him know I didn't forget but I let him back in the room to sleep in bed after three weeks.

" Is there anything to eat around here?"

" Want soup?" I asked, already pulling it out of the cabinet.

" Chicken noodle?" Bri asked.

" You're favorite."

I poured it all in a bowl then popped it in the microwave and set the timer.

" So what's the movie for tonight?"

" I want to watch Hairspray."

I looked at him and Chase sent him a look but Austin just shrugged.

" Did I miss something?" Brianna asked.

" No. Do you want pepper in your soup? Crackers?"

She looked at me weirdly but shook her head.

" I'll put it in," Chase said.

" Already in. Just change the input and press play."

Now I have him a look and he shrugged, giving me a sad look.

Has he been watching it then getting back in bed before I noticed?

The microwave beeped and I grabbed the bowl with an oven mitt. Placing the bowl on a bigger plate, I brought it over to Brianna and she happily took it.

" Make some popcorn."

" Just because you didn't say it nicely make it your damn self," I grunted, plopping myself on the couch and into Austin's embrace.

Chase muttered something under his breath but got up. Austin turned up the volume and we all watched, ignoring the way how Austin knew every word and song.

Every now and then I'd snuggle closer to him or do some type of gesture to let him know I was there for him.

" You're gonna suffocate me," Austin whispered in my ear.

" You're welcome," I said softly back.

Kissing the top of my head, I smiled.

The ending credits played across the screen and I yawned, stretching my body out.