C H A P T E R N I N E

•~•

•~•

Buttercup twirled her skirt around as she danced in Orbis's private room

Buttercup twirled her skirt around as she danced in Orbis's private room. She was currently waiting for him to return from his raid with the rest of his crew. She was scared and nervous that he may never come back.

Orbis was very powerful and skilled with the sword. He cut off his enemies in seconds and take their lives in less time. It scared her a little but, these facts never stopped her from worrying about him and his well being. He was after all the love of her life and she couldn't imagine her life without him in it.

He's changed everything for her. He's showed her love when she lost her mother when she left. Even though he was cruel at first his hard exterior broke and a soft comforting interior full of love shown through just for her making her feel like the specialist girl in the world. His kisses tickled her face and would be his common method of punishment when she did something naughty. He also was very delicate and understanding with her knowing her innocence and naivety. He didn't want to be the one to show her the rough dark realities of the world.

She still felt very sheltered and underestimated by him in certain aspects like how he refuses to let her fight or train with a sword. She was rubbish with it and Calvin could only teach her very few basic sword moves before giving up himself. Orbis had been very angry and she felt his reaction was uncalled for even if refused to see her side and was stuck on his certain opinions. She had to defend herself somehow. Good thing she diffused the situation quickly before it got out of hand.

"Buttercup I said up, down, down then up not down, down, down and then up", Calvin told her sternly.

He agreed to teaching her a few basics with a few persuasive puppy dog eyes and pouting lips when she asked him to teach her. It had been hard for her to convince him to do since it was going behind his captain's back and it put her in danger but, Calvin felt she did have a good argument about defending herself if there was another incident or something similar.

"Sorry", she apologized sheepishly to him truly feeling bad she's wasting his time.

Calvin agreed to training her but, didn't think it'd be this difficult to teach a simple sword maneuver. Granted he was a very patient man but, he was at his wits end. Buttercup couldn't even tell a simple direction apart. He was seriously very close to giving up.

"It's ok", he sighed out. "Let's do this again up, down, do -", he was cut off by a rather loud bang of the door.

Oh no, he thought to himself. He knew who would of caused that loud of a bang especially if they were very angry at the situation. This was it, I'm being thrown overboard and I'm going to be eaten alive by sharks, was all that raced through his mind in this moment.

"Calvin leave", the rough voice said.

Calvin cared for Buttercup but, he was staying around to see what would happen to Buttercup and made a mad dash for the door.

Buttercup guilty, looked up at Orbis full heartedly expected a angry stare to be glaring at her but, she was wrong. He was absolutely furious.

"Buttercup I told you know sword", he said sternly to her as if a child and snatched it away from her angrily and roughly.

She whimpered sadly. Never has he been this angry directly at her and she didn't like it. Hot damp fresh tears bucketed down her cheeks quickly. She didn't like this at all.

"Orbis stop", this time she's going stand her ground this time.

He was stunned never had she got this angry with him before.

"I only wanted to defend myself. You are a pirate with many enemies who might come after me and I was scared", she explained to him.

He sat himself on the bed and reached his hand for hers. She hesitated for a few moments before taking it and being pulled onto his lap. They basked in each other's comfort and presence for awhile before saying anything.

"Lovely I'm sorry for getting angry with you", he sincerely apologised reacting his angry words and actions against her.

"I forgive you", she said whole heartedly believing him and his every word.

"Just next time tell me, explain to me what you are feeling. I don't want you to hide what you are feeling with me", he explained to her hoping she would understand.

"Of course. I'm sorry for going behind your back again. I'll explain my feelings to you if I ever feel any different", she apologized and hope they can put it past them and carried on.

He grabbed her face between his hands and gave her a quick peck on the lips. Before tucking his head into her shoulder.

That was their first huge argument she ever had with him and she knew it wouldn't be the last of them. She just hoped it was their last one for awhile.

She was tired of dancing around and decided to slip on a night dress to head to sleep. She was going to wait up for her robin hood to returned but, it was getting late and she felt her eyes closing on her.

She lied in bed for awhile dreaming of the stars before she felt the covers move and lift up. Her exposed leg had been nipped by the cold air waking her up from her slumber. She rolled over into a hard wall.

Opening her eyes she found the man of her dreams staring at her. It felt like bliss laying in his strong arms wrapped around her.

She blinked eyes only for a moment before opening them again to find his fingers holding something shiny. It look to be a beautiful gold ring with a gorgeous expense of diamond in the middle of it. She stared at it questioningly wondering what it was for.

"Will you marry me my lovely?"