C H A P T E R O N E

•~•

•~•

Everytime the huge ship passed over a wave it would make it rock back and forth, the feeling made Buttercup's stomach become queasy

Everytime the huge ship passed over a wave it would make it rock back and forth, the feeling made Buttercup's stomach become queasy. This was an unfamiliar feeling for as she's never been on vessel floating in the water before in her eighteen years of life. She felt uncomfortable on the rocking ship surrounded by big burly pirates known for the vilest of crime.

Her heart screamed in pain watching the city that she grew up in becoming smaller and smaller into the distance as she floated away. Buttercup had left her mother in that city when she was made to leave in such urgency. If she had it her way then he mother would be here on this unstable boat right now but, life doesn't seem to work that way Buttercup released. She remembered this morning clearly as it seemed to be just another day in her life until a rugged stranger barged in and changed her normal quiet life.

Fresh warm tears flowed down her cheeks like a waterfall as she stared at her reflection in the cracked mirror before her. She never suspected wearing her first fancy white gown to her own wedding. Thankfully the beautifully embroidered veil covered her tear stained cheeks so her future husband wouldn't see.

He wasn't the kindest of man and frequently had a tendency to hit her when she stepped out of line. He was the quite upset to be forced to marry a prostitute's daughter. Her mother worked at a brothel but, was able to protect Buttercup from the dangers of the world the most she can but, when the famous businessman walked through the brothel doors she couldn't stop the events to unravel.

Norman Smith, from the minute his arrogant self walked through the entry way into the brothel he was attracted to Buttercups ethereal beauty. Her rare golden hair caught his attention as it twirled in sync with her short and tiny body. Too bad he couldn't have her. Her mother and the brothel owner made it clear that the innocent beauty wasn't for sale. Good thing Norman was the most selfish and the most determined to get what he wants. Everything and person was just a toy to play with so, it was easy to convince everyone to at least let her marry him, with a few gunshots, punches and threatening too.

Marrying Buttercup wasn't a problem to Norman. Sure it might ruin his reputation but, she wasn't a fighter and he could easily deceive her and bring in his other women to satisfy his needs. It'd also be really easy to make her magically disappear and marry again.

Now the wedding had come and through Buttercup's sad baby blue eyes you could tell there was sadness and reluctance that made the whole brothel staff feel sad and angry for her. Buttercup felt like everyone's child. As a child everyone who worked at the brothel was able to care for and bond with Buttercup since she was birthed there by her mother. Her father was also a wealthy businessman who was married with a high reputation but, when he stumbled across Buttercup's mother he couldn't resist her temptation and unknowingly knocked her up but, sailed off before he could know.

Buttercup didn't even have a father to walk her down the isle of her wedding but, thankfully her mother was there even though she could barely look at her daughter.

"My love", her mother said sorrowfully while look at her daughter in her gorgeous wedding dress. "I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you from the evil in the world"

She felt ashamed. She stood here behind her daughter, looking at her through the broken mirror allowing her to get married to a cruel and ruthless man that was just like Buttercup's father. Thankfully she had a plan to get Buttercup to a better life.

"Mama it'll be okay, as long as you or anyone else I love is not getting hurt it will all work out in the end"

Even Buttercup couldn't believe her own sad words. This was just a sad time for everyone and nobody could find a way to stop the pure innocent girl from going into the hands of a monster.

"No Buttercup, this isn't what I want for you. Remember when you would read those books and tell me how you wanted to travel the world?", her mother delicately asked her.

Buttercup softly nodded confused why her mother is bringing this up right now.

"Remember how you always wanted to meet your prince charming and have a happily ever after?"

"Why are you bring this up now mama?", she asked her mother.

"Because my child, this isn't your prince charming or happily ever after", she felt sad that her daughter even was accepting instead of reaching farther in her life like she always said she would do as a child.

"Mama no one is going to get hurt if I marry him and I have to accept this life because this is how real life is", it felt like she was spitting out poison when she said that. It was all lies, she would never stop believing in her fairytales and dreams but, now she would have to push them to the back of her mind.

"No", her mother stated firmly clearly disappointed with her choice of words, "I won't let you become that ever"

Buttercup watched her mother frantically move around the room packing a small bag with all of Buttercup's stuff. Once she stuffed it to the brim she shoved it into her daughters hands before she grabbed the sharp pair of scissors from the drawer of the desk.

"Mama what are you saying?", Buttercup asked shocked. Never in her life had she seen her mother act this frantic in her life.

Her mother quickly shocked Buttercup by cutting the bottom off of her beautifully embroidered white gown jaggedly making Buttercup confused and devastated that her mother would cut off such a gorgeous wedding dress.

"Mama what are you doing?",Buttercup shriek horrified at her mother.

"I'm getting you out of here", her mother stated firmly.

"Mama you and the others-"

"Don't worry about us. Get out of the room to the bar of the brothel where you'll see a tall dark man that will take you away and you'll finally have the freedom you deserve"

"But Mama, I love you. I don't want to leave you", Buttercup was completely heartbroken.

"My love start your new life and don't forget me", her mother started tear up making Buttercup's heartbreak even more.

Little did Buttercup know that it would be the last time she'd ever see her mother again. Quickly after she hugged her mother tightly and left, she met the dangerous rugged pirate that would changed her life forever.