C H A P T E R F O U R

•~•

•~•

The sun shone brightly through the window causing Buttercup's eyes to flutter open

The sun shone brightly through the window causing Buttercup's eyes to flutter open. She expected to wake up in her hammock in the shoebox room but, looking around she wasn't even close to being in a hammock. Instead of her body swinging back and forth it was stable on a flat surface. It was very comfy and soft with warm blanket that encased her.

She wondered what she was doing in a fancy room like this. It had fancy gold trimming that swirled around the room and it matched a fancy gold chandelier that hung from the ceiling. There was a desk in the corner covered by piles and piles of paper under the wide windows that the sun was shining through.

Confused she rolled over only for her face to land into a hard wall of skin and muscle. It was a man's shirtless chest that was littered in tiny white scars that contrasted against the sun kissed tan skin.

Looking up she saw the face the chest belong to. His one obsidian eye stared right into her eyes as she gazed curiously at him.

"Hello", Orbis said amusingly at her predicament.

"Um... Hello", Buttercup had to be very cautious since she was in fact in his bed or what she thought was his bed.

"How are you feeling?", he asked quite seriously.

Suddenly she remembered what happened last night from the terrifying dream of what could of happened to her almost puking her organs out. Waves of embarrassment washed through her in waves and her face immediately flushed a bright red almost like the color of a cherry.

In a rush to hide her embarrassment she hid her chest into the nearest thing which happened to be the shirtless chest of the man lying next to her causing her to be even more embarrassment.

"I-I'm fine", she stuttered adding even more to the embarrassment she felt.

Her face started to vibrate from Orbis chuckling. This made Buttercup very aware where her face was hiding.

In a fast reaction she pushed herself out of the bed causing her to fall onto the floor on her rear end. Leaning over the edge with a amused look on his face Orbis stared right at her while chuckling.

"Are you sure your ok?", he chuckled out.

"Yes, I'm fine", she quickly got to her feet.

Looking down she saw she was still in her night dress. Her very sear night dress that covered very little of her nude body. Without hesitation she covered her most important part with her long blonde hair and her delicate soft hands. Her whole body become warm and flushed a very bright red all over.

"I-I-I... please turn around?", she looked down very embarrassment not even wanting to look the man who most likely saw every single thing of her that she's never shown a single person.

Turning her face up she took a peak to see Orbis's back faced towards at her.

"Um... why am I here in your room?", she softly asked still wondering why she was even in his private quarters.

"You were sick last night and lying on the top deck so I decided to bring you to sleep", he explained as if she were dumb and a child.

"Yes I get that but, why your room instead of putting me back to my room?"

He gave her this look that made her feel like she was the stupidest person in the world.

"Because if I put you back in the hammock that was swinging then you'd get sick again", he explained to her as if she were a small child.

"Oh I thought...", her voice trailed off embarrassed he would even think of her like that.

"You thought what?", his voice turning anger and anger with every word.

He turned to stare her in the eye but, they didn't make eye contact because she was too scared to look him in the eye, worried he might be very angry with her.

"Well you brought me to your private bedroom and I'm in my night dress that is very revealing. You're also a pirate and a man and I don't understand anything. Not only that but, I woke up to you shirtless next to me and you were shirtless. I don't understand anything of what is happening and I'm very scared...", her words trailed off and held worry in them.

Orbis softened up. He took in her predicament with losing her mother, running away from her abusive, forceful ex-fiance and then being thrown on a ship full of mysterious dangerous men. He wasn't totally stupid and naive unlike Buttercup.

Sure he was a pirate and attacked, stealed, and murdered people but, he wasn't truly a monster. He'd never put a lady in that situation. Usually if the lady asks and he's in the mood he'll do what he wants to do otherwise he'll just wait.

Getting up he walked towards her making sure his steps were soft so they wouldn't scare Buttercup in her timid state. WIth the softest grip he grabbed her face in his hands to make her look him in the eye.

"Calm down, alright?", he told her scared she might hyperventilate and pass out again.

She nodded her head and regulated her breathing.

"Now, I would never do that to single women. I may be a pirate and I may have killed people but, I'm not that terrible of a person. Not only that but, I don't see you that way. I'm not a man who just lust after women like you. You're so innocent and naive and I would never want to take advantage of that. Alright?"

She took a couple seconds because she was absolutely stunned and nodded her head. She soon felt something pushed her back into the comfy bed. Thick arms wrapped around her and she saw Orbis staring down at her while cuddling.

His chapped rough lips landed on her lips catching her by surprise. Their lips moved in sync as they kissed. Letting go of her lips Orbis tucked his head into where her neck meets her shoulder.

"Let's lay here awhile", he muffled out into her shoulder.

This rough pirate just stole her first kiss.