THE MAN

But, right now, I feel nothing. I'm standing beside my mom's grave. 

She passed away because of her chronic lung disease since I was a child. Doing eight musical shows every week just shorten her life span but she did it anyway because that is her life. That is what makes her live. Until her lung just can't take it anymore. 

I look around and realized that I was alone. People have gone home after giving their last respect to my mom and what she had brought for the community. 

I did not shed a tear. I felt numb. It seems so easy to just pour all of my emotion on stage, but this? This is real. I cannot take it. 

It felt just yesterday we did our show together and today she is gone? That can't be real. 

Suddenly I heard footsteps. I turned my head and saw a man. 

He was about my mom's age and he's wearing this leopard shirt. He's got this long dark hair and beard. He is so strange yet so familiar. I'm sure I have never saw him before but I don't know why he seems familiar. 

"A wonderful woman, she is," he said. I did not answer. 

"I'm Dionysus," he held out his hands but I did not accept it. 

There was a five minute silence between us before he said, "I need you to come with me, kid." 

I look away from him hoping that he would leave me alone, but he just stayed there. "Listen kid, this place is not save for you. You're already sixteen and the monsters can sense that you're here," he added. 

I ignore him. I just lost my mom and I'm not in the mood for joking. The guy take a step closer towards me and I turn my head to him.

"Who are you?" I snapped. "What is your relation to my mom?" 

He let out a small sigh. "Come with me and I'll tell you everything from the beginning. It's time for you to know," he said. 

"Know what?"

"Come with me," he said, and he just started to walk. 

I do not want to follow him, but somehow I did. 

P.S. To be continued .....