Chapter 7

Gazzy waited anxiously in his bedroom, not knowing what to do with his time until Daniel got there. As of now, he was balling up old dirty underwear and tossing them at his laundry basket, seeing how many shots he could make. So far, the average wasn't looking so good, as there were things strewn all over the floor instead of making it into the basket. Garcia missed for about the twentieth time and cursed himself out.

"Fuck! Nigga this shit rigged!" The Cuban flopped back in the desk chair he was sitting in, letting his arms hang at his sides as he slowly slumped down to the floor. Sighing again, he got up and just stood there, bored out of his mind.

When the hell is this rainbow nigga gonna get here? It feels like it's been days!

Eventually, Gazzy gave up on waiting and picked up his phone to check the time. At he moment, it was only 4:38. Flopping face down onto his bed, he let out a long, annoyed groan before glancing at his phone again. Shrugging, he decided he might as well text the guy, as he had nothing better to do right now, and he wasn't going to get drunk again, as he actually wanted to hang out with someone for once.

"Yo, wyd rn? I'm bored asf, come get meeeeee" Gazzy typed into his phone, hoping the Mexican would respond. To his surprise, the guy responded within ten seconds of him sending the text.

"You want me to come getcha already? It ain't even 6, I ain't know what you mighta been doin but I ain't busy rn"

"Yeah come get me!!! Like why we gotta wait so long if y'all ain't doin shit neither? 🤣🤣"

"You right, I'll be over in abouta 30 mins"

"Ightttt betttt"

Knowing he wouldn't have to wait as long as he thought made Garcia happier. His impatience was somewhat ridiculous, but at the same time understandable. Pacing around his room again, the Cuban tried to figure out what he would be able to do in a half an hour. Somehow, the thought came to his mind to actually care about his hygiene for once. Even Gazzy was a bit confused why he suddenly thought of this, but he wasn't going to try to argue with his own thoughts.

Walking over to his drawers, he rooted around in them for a decent, clean outfit, eventually coming up with some white and pink garb. Gazzy smiled as he remembered the white jeans, white tee shirt and pink fluffy jacket from the last family wedding he'd gone to. He'd been the most underdressed, but possibly the most overdressed there... if you could grasp that concept.

It was nothing to wear to a wedding, far too gaudy and flashy, but it wasn't the most expensive set of clothing, either. Thrifting works wonders in a poor family like Garcia's. Giggling to himself, he put on the brightly-colored attire and posed in his mirror, just loving how fluffy and bright it was. He also decided to tie up some of his pink and blonde dreadlocks into pigtails, while leaving some of them hanging freely.

After spending a good ten minutes just staring arrogantly at himself, he finally decided to put on some cologne and freshen up a bit, he even brushed his teeth for once. Still, now with about ten minutes left until Daniel said he'd arrive, Gazzy was restless. He just paced around his whole house, eventually resorting to terribly singing along to songs he knew well.

Interrupting the chorus to an old pop song, Garcia heard a loud banging on his front door. He almost screamed aloud, having another friend excited the hell out of him. Joyfully, he swung open his front door to reveal Daniel standing there, flipping his rainbow hair over his shoulder. Gazzy felt jittery all of a sudden, although unaware of it.

"Ah... that's an interesting choice of shit to wear to a bowling alley." Daniel looked confusedly at the Cuban whose attire embodied the very spirit of his personality. Gazzy just nodded excitedly, smiling like an idiot. Daniel shook his head, scoffing in amusement before waving for Garcia to follow him to his car. "Come on, ah ah, let's go nigga." Daniel spun on his heel, his long, silky hair flowing behind him.

Gazzy followed, having the urge to just run his hand through the Mexican's hair. Luckily, however, he was sober now, so he would be able to control most of his impulses. They reached the car, and Daniel opened the door for the Cuban, looking him up and down for a moment. As he strutted over to the driver's side, he flicked his wrist as he pointed up and down at Garcia.

"Y'know, ah, I'm actually starting to dig that shit. Eccentric." Smiling, the guy sat down in his red Subaru BRZ and started it, the car impressing Gazzy. Compared to his own family's 2004 Honda Accord and their 2001 Toyota Corolla, this was luxurious.

"How you get the money for this car though, nigga?" Gazzy just looked around the spacious and clean interior, mesmerized. Hell, seemingly everything about Daniel mesmerized the Cuban. As he pulled out of the driveway, the colorful guy just glanced over and smiled innocently at Gazzy.

"It's not mine." With that, Hernandez pulled forward abruptly, causing Gazzy to be pushed backward against his seat. He laughed, not caring about the aggressive driving. Soon enough they were on the highway, flying by any other cars on the road.

Just cruising along at a hundred on the sunny Florida highway, Daniel left one hand on the wheel while he fiddled with his phone and the aux before selecting a song. Before long, the Mexican cranked the volume, allowing Garcia to feel the bass in his chest. He smiled, loving this feeling, and just leaned his head on the window, when all of a sudden it started to open on him. He squeaked, startled, and looked over at Daniel who was laughing.

"Hey, that ain't funny! Y'all coulda made me die!" Garcia scowled at Hernandez, who just laughed harder at his ignorance.

"Stoopid, that would be if I was closing that shit on you, ah ah!" The Mexican slowed down a bit, getting over a couple lanes to the right so he could take his exit. Gazzy forgot what he was angry about almost immediately, just sticking his hand out the window to feel the breeze. Before he knew it, they pulled into the parking lot that was packed full. Daniel did one of those "pull into three different parking spaces to prevent your car getting smacked by the one next to you" parking jobs before hopping right out of the car, the music cutting out suddenly.

Gazzy, who had been in the middle of vibing to the song just whined in indignation, crossing his arms over his chest. Meanwhile, Daniel swung over to the passenger's side of the car and opened the door for the Cuban, who begrudgingly got out, still mad about the song ending in the middle of his favorite part.

"Ah ah, wipe that shit off ya face, didn't y'all wanna come here? We can play that song when we go back home, ya toddler." Hernandez placed a hand on Garcia's lower back, pushing him forward towards the building. They walked like this the whole way from the back of the parking lot until they got in the door. Just as the two of them walked up to an ATM to get playing tokens for the arcade games, Daniel wore a scowl upon his face, glaring around the machine at something. He whispered under his breath. "Damn it..."

"Wait what? What's wrong?" Gazzy looked confused, noticing the Mexican's grim expression and questioning him about it. Hernandez just shook his head and pointed in a direction at a couple people in a line for laser tag, one of them complaining really loudly that they were terrible at it.

"Let's ah ah... avoid them niggas at all costs."

Soon enough, Gazzy's slow brain recognized them as the people who had been walking in the hallway earlier when he was still fucked up....