Chapter 3

Gazzy trudged in the front door to his home, to find no one there. He had missed his bus thanks to having to find that Tekashi69 guy. Huffing, he threw his things down in his room, before falling onto his bed. Too quiet. Even though he'd rather it be quiet here than his parents be home yelling at each other, it was still too quiet for his liking. Quickly getting back up, he walked over to the window of his room, peering out. It wasn't often that he cared enough to think, but as this day had already gone pretty terribly, there was no reason to keep himself from getting lost.

It was only at these few times Garcia realized there was really nothing important going on in his life. It was pretty superficial. No real connections, or anything like it. Omar usually convinced him that some deeper meaning might come some day, but then they always just went back to getting as high as either of them possibly could, and ignoring everything life had to offer.

It was alright, though. If he didn't have anything to worry about, it didn't matter if he was truly happy or just senseless. There's a certain point when you get so high that you can't decipher feelings, so you just end up not caring. Which in fact was perfect for Gazzy. Who needed to hide their feelings when you could just skip them entirely? Speaking of which...

Moving from the windowsill, the Latino decided to take a shower, it had been a few days since his last one, after all. Carelessly, he picked a random shirt and pants from his unkempt pile of clean clothing on the floor, and walked to the bathroom. Taking out a joint, he closed the door behind him and turned a fan on. Precautions had to be made before he started smoking, otherwise he'd be too mentally gone to be able to hide it. Which wouldn't go over well with either his parents.

Garcia turned on the water to the shower and lit his joint, taking a relatively long drag before letting it out. While the water warmed up, he stripped down, and leaned against the wall. The teen was already starting to feel the lift off his shoulders from the drug, so naturally he gained a shit-faced grin. Here we go again, just dismissing humanity by filling up with happy grass. Most likely amongst other illicit things mixed in most of the time. This exact moment happened to be an exception.

Taking the last drag he could of his joint, the teen simply flushed the remains down the toilet and hopped into the now warm shower. Letting the warm water hit his body, he began to unwind a bit from the stressful day. It definitely wasn't often that Gazzy could say he'd been annoyed or anxious while high. Especially how high he'd been today. Somehow though, that tattooed boy got to him. He couldn't possibly worry about it now though.

Knocked out of a daze by a series of loud noises of his mother returning home, he realized the water had gotten cold. Garcia had almost dozed off in the shower. He quickly got out, getting himself dressed as well he could before checking the time. It had been a whole two hours. Eyes widening a little, Gazzy wondered how that could have happened, he wasn't even that high.

Nonetheless, he exited the bathroom before sneaking off to his room discreetly. Now was not the time he wanted to have a family chat. When did he ever? That was the real question.

Locking the door to his room behind him, he flopped down on his messy bed, sighing. For a moment he pondered whether he should actually do his homework for once, even going as far as to take the book out to look at it. However, it was only a moment's time before he just threw it back into his bag, laughing at himself internally for even thinking about schoolwork.

But... something flew out of his bag as he threw the textbook at it. A small, bright orange piece of paper. It looked like a ripped piece of a post-it note. That's odd... Gazzy didn't remember having any post-it notes. Confused, the dread-headed teen took the brightly colored paper from the floor, and examined it. What he saw was a number, nothing else. The confused boy would recognize it as a phone number.

"The fuck is this...?" Gazzy spoke his thoughts aloud, unintentionally. And he didn't even realize he spoke. For a moment, he was about to throw the paper away until it really sunk in that it was a phone number. His mind quickly changed, and he decided against trashing it. Instead, he pulled out his phone from his pocket and typed in the number in his messages, along with a text to go with it.

'Who the fuck is you nigga???? Y y'all givin me a phone number ?'

Garcia rolled his eyes. Why did he even care about this? Usually, he would just dismiss unusual things like this immediately. Something about this seemed interesting though, weird was sticking with him today, so why not just go with it?

Laying back in the bed, he decided he'd turn on some video games to pass time, eventually he'd pass out and the day would be over. About an hour later, he felt his phone go off beside him. Ignoring it, he decided to finish the match first before answering.

Sure enough, it was the number he texted earlier.

'Tf? Why y'all askin me dis shit? I could ask u the same thing, why y'all textin me? Where tf y'all get my number?'

The Latino boy was confused by the response he received. He tried to find the right words to explain the situation.

'Uhhh nigga u left a brite ass orange paper thing in ma school bag n now u ain't kno why I textin? Is you dumb???'

'Ohhhhhhhhh ur THAT nigga. It's ya favvvv lmaoo'

The more he texted, the more confused he got. Normally, he struggled to keep up with conversations but this was a whole new level of irritating.

'Ight just tell me who tf u is and wtf u want fore find sumbody to shoot yo ass'

'Yea right lmao where's ya nuts kid? But who else even had hands on ya stuff today?? lmaoao'

Immediately, a sinking feeling hit Gazzy like a brick. This was the same guy that stole his things. And now he wanted to befriend the very victim of his thievery? Oh no this was not going to happen. Garcia typed a quick message before turning his phone off completely and tossing it across the room. This was the last person he wanted to deal with right now.

'NIGGA NOOOO y'all ain't gonna be my friend after y'all fuck me over like that today you wildin boyyy!! Fuck outta hereeee'