Chapter 9

Enjoy~

Y/n

"Curious...I've never seen birds like these..." Hermione says as we begin to step into the room. I look up and squint at them. "They don't look like birds, Hermione..." I reply.

"It's because they aren't. They aren't birds, they're keys...And I'll bet one of them fits that door." Harry says looking forward at the door I didn't see on the other end of the room. Even if he wears glasses, Harry can spot the smallest things from far away. It's crazy!

We reach a floating broom in the middle of the room, just sitting there. "Strange..." Harry whispers, holding his hand out to touch it. Ron and Hermione walk over to the door and Ron tries to unlock the door with the 'Alohamora' Spell.

The door doesn't unlock, then Hermione grunts. "What are we going to do now?! There must be a thousand keys up there!" Ron looks at the lock again and says to me and Harry, still by the broom, "We're looking for a big, old-fashioned one. Probably rusty, like the handle."

I look up again and squint. "There! I see it! It's the one with the broken wing!" I say, pointing up at it.

"Maybe we have to get on the broom to get it..." Harry responds, seeing the key. I nod and quickly take hold of the broom, hearing an even faster-buzzing noises above. I ignored them and hopped on the broom anyway.

The keys began swarming me as I flew up and I swatted at them, already starting to get scratched by them.

I grip the broom again and race toward the key, gripping it, holding the broom with one hand. I smile down at the others and one of the keys cut my hand, causing me to let go of the broom and fall.

The keys are still chasing me as I fall and I hear Ron and Harry yell my name. Hermione did too, but I didn't hear her until the swarming began to lessen.

Ron races towards me and I hit the ground, just as he does.

I fall on my side, hitting my head on the ground, not as hard as my arm and torso. I wince and Ron drops to his knees to help me. He places his hand on my back and helps me sit up against his shoulder, feeling a bruise form on my left cheek.

The keys are still going to try and chase me when we leave, so I toss the key to Hermione and Ron carries me in his arms, running to the door.

We all run in and slam the door on the keys. I tell him to set me down, although I'd love to stay in his arms longer, and we all look around. "W-What're we doing here..?" I ask, wincing after my sentence.

"It's a graveyard..." Harry states looking around. "This is no graveyard, Harry..." Ron sighs and walks into the middle of this square thing.

"It's a chessboard..."

I eyebrows raise and I look around again. Lights turn on above our heads and I gasp, "I-It's W-Wizard chess..."

"There's the next door..!" Harry points again. We try to walk past the statues to see how the door is opened, and the statues pull out their swords creating a barrier for us not to go through.

We step -in my case, limp- back to where we were standing previously. "N-Now what..?" I ask, cautious of what Ron might say.

"It's obvious, isn't it? We got to play our way across the room." He nods a bit, letting me lean against Hermione as he steps forward and points at Harry. "Alright, Harry, you take the empty bishop's square. Hermione, you'll be the queen's side castle. Y/n, you'll be the queen's other side castle on the queen's other side."  He points over to where there's an empty space. "And, as for me..."