please

Based over the maze runner trilogy (the books).
In honour of earth Day.

TJ POV
My name is TJ, he thought.
That... That was the only thing he could remember about his life.
He didn't understand how this was possible.
He heard noises, voices. Fear squeezed his chest.
"Look at that shank."
"How old is he?"
"Looks like a klunk in a T-shirt."
"You’re the klunk, shuck-face."
"Dude, it smells like feet down there!"
"Hope you enjoyed the one-way trip, Greenie."
"Ain’t no ticket back, bro."
TJ was hit with a wave of confusion, blistered with panic.
They were boys, some younger, some older.
TJ didn't know what he was expecting but when he saw these faces he was confused.

"Get him a bed"
"Okay" said the brunette boy.
What is this? What is this place? Is this some kind of prison? Why was he sent here? And for how long?
"What did I do? Why was I sent here?" I whispered, not expecting any answer.
"Greenie, what you’re feelin’, we’ve all felt it. We’ve all had
First Day, come out of that dark box. Things are bad, they are, and they’ll get much worse for ya
soon, that’s the truth. But down the road a piece, you’ll be fightin’ true and good. I can tell you’re
not a bloody coward."
I looked up at him and he was smiling at me. He had brown hair, beautiful brown eyes and a limp. I looked into his eyes and I could honestly feel how good his soul is.
"Cyrus," he introduced himself, "welcome to the glade".

Cyrus and I were sitting on the grass far away from where everyone else were sleeping at the moment. It was early in the morning, and we were watching the sunrise.
He looked really beautiful, the sun was in his eyes, peaceful.
I was starting at him for two minutes straight before he turned to look at me.
"Are you all good?" He asked, "yeah, I am, I really am"
We stayed like that, looking at each others eyes for who knows how much time.
He smiled at me and I smiled back.

Cyrus is standing at the far corner of the maze by himself, and I walk up to him.
"Hey," I simply say.
He doesn't say anything.
"Are you ever going to talk to me again?"
He looks up at me, "say something? You want me to say something? Well then here is something, you are an idiot TJ, a fucking idiot. You could have gotten hurt-"
"I had to-"
"-not only was I worried about Jonah but I also had to be worried about you little shank."
He sighed, and shook his head, "just go, leave".
"No, I'm not leaving. Look I know that what I did was stupid, but I had to, and you are really important to me Cyrus, I-" I was cut of by a pair of lips meeting with mine.
I was so shocked I couldn't move.
"Just don't do anything stupid like that again, okay?" I nodded, not really knowing what to say.

Cyrus dragged me away from all the other boys, "what is it Cyrus?" We never actually talked about what happened between us.
"Nothing just...," He looked me in the eye, and pecked my lips so fast I didn't have any time to react, "please try not to die."
-
I was lying on the ground, Cyrus from my right side and Buffy from the other, then I feel a hand grab mine.
I squeeze Cyrus' hand, I hope that after all of this ends we get to sort out things between us.
-
TJ has never seen Cyrus like this. The guy looked absolutely lost, and it hit TJ with a wave of despair.
"Just shut up", said Cyrus, "I know something started in my brain. I don't feel okay. But you don't have to lose your panties over this. Give me a moment and I'll be fine. We'll get you out of here and then I can deal with it".
"What do you mean get you out of here?"
"Get us, whatever. Just give me a moment bloody hell".

"Put this in your pocket," Cyrus gave TJ a little envelope.
TJ did as he was told.
"Now look me right in the eye"
TJ's heart sunk at the sight of agony he saw there, "what's up?"
"You don't have to know right now. You can't know. But you have to promise me something."
"What?"
"Swear you won't open this until the right moment comes.
"The right moment? How would I-"
"You'll know, bloody hell!" Cyrus answered befor TJ could ask, "now swear to me. Swear!" it seemed like the boys whole body was shaking with every word.
"Okay!"
"If you break this promise, I won't forgive you, ever"
He stood still while Cyrus turned his back on him and walked away.

Kill me, if you ever loved me, kill me

Cyrus looked terrible.
But he looked at TJ like he know he was a friend.
The worst thing about his friend was the wildness in his eyes. The craziness was lurking behind them, two pools full of sickness.
"Hey. Cyrus. It's me, TJ. You still remember me, do you?"
A sudden clarity filled Cyrus's eyes.
"You can be sure I remember you teej. You should me pretty well how you are ignoring the note I gave you. I can't go crazy within a few days."
Those words heart TJ's heat even more then Cyrus's look.
"Cyrus, come with me this time, we can take you somewhere safer, somewhere-"
Cyrus laughed, "go away teej, stay back."
"Just come with me," TJ begged.
Cyrus's face suddenly hardened in anger.
"Just shut up you shank traitor! Have you not read my note? You can't do for me one last bloody thing? Has to be the hero, as always? I hate you! I always hated you!"
He doesn't mean it, "Cyrus..."
"It's all your fault. You could have stopped them. You could have found a way. But no! You had to keep on trying to save the world, be a hero. So you came to the maze and since then you hadn't stopped for a moment. You don't care about anything but yourself! Admit it! You have to be the one people remember!"
Cyrus's face was bright red, and spit came out if his mouth when he yelled.
"Cyrus, stop. Just listen to me. I know that deep down you are okay. Enough to hear what I have to say."
"I hate you, teej!" He was getting pretty close. His hurt over Cyrus turned into fear. "I hate you I hate you I hate you! After everything I've done for you, you can't do the one I have ever asked you?! I can't even look at your face!"
He couldn't kill his friend. He just couldn't.
Cyrus screamed and run to TJ, pushing him to the ground.
"Want to know why I have this limp teej? Have I ever told you? No, I don't think so."
"What happened?"
"I tried to kill myself in the maze. I climbed to the middle of one of these bloody walls and jumped. Jonah found me. I hated that place, teej. I hated every second of every single day. And it all... Was... Your fault!"
Cyrus grabbed TJ's hand holding the gun and pulled it to he's head.
"Now make up for it! Kill me before I turn into one of those monsters! Kill me! I trusted you with that note! Not anybody else. Now do it!"
TJ tried to pull his hand. "I can't, Cyrus. I can't."
"Make up for what you did! Regret it!" His whole body was shaking. And then his voice dropped and turned into a whisper. "Kill me. Prove you have what it takes. End my Suffering."
The words terrified TJ. "Cyrus. Maybe we could..."
"Shut up! Just shut up! I trusted you! Now do it!"
"I can't"
"Do it!"
"I can't!" How could Cyrus ask him to do something like that? How could he kill one of his best friends? Someone he loved?
"Kill me or I'll kill you. Kill me! Come on!"
"Cyrus..."
"Do it before I become one of them!"
"I..."
"KILL ME!” And then Cyrus's eyes cleared, as if he’d gained one last trembling gasp of sanity, and his
voice softened. “Please, Teej. Please.”
With his heart falling into a black abyss, TJ pulled the trigger.

So like, I know this doesn't really have anything to do with the earth but the whole point of the book... You get it, if you read it (highly recommend).
I always cared about the earth, but I also always had other things that I preferred thinking about.
But this year something changed.
I opened my eyes and realized that I can't stand by anymore when this happens, non of us can.
Please, just take a moment to think.
We are destroying our own home when without it, we have nothing.
We are destroying our selves.
I could go on and on about this but I'm half asleep so, I'm just asking your take a moment to really think about it, and about yourself and how you affect this world we are trying to save.
This is more important then pretty much everything, because without this, there is no everything.

I'm kinda proud of this but I'm probably gonna wake up tomorrow and be 'why did I think this was a good idea'.
I'm half dead rn and I was while writing this.
I have to get up so early tomorrow and it's 3:39am what is wrong with me what an I doing with my life?