i dare you to love me

This one is really long so I'm publishing it in 2 parts and I also might right a part 3.

Buffy POV
"You feeling better?" Andi asks, talking about what happened when I tried running a marathon.
"Yeah, I'll be back playing basketball in no time" I look over at Cyrus. He, obviously, wasn't paying attention to the conversation. He was staring at the air, looking sad and depressed. He was thinking about something, who knows what. Even though I have a good idea. "So Cyrus, how did you do on the math test?" I asked, trying to drag him into the conversation. "Good, I think" he said, snapping out of his thoughts.
Andi and I looked at each other, both obviously worried about him.
"Sure you okay?" Andi asked in a gentle voice.
"Yeah," he said in a sad voice and sighed. He got up, "I need to go, see ya" he said walking away.
"Yeah I do to," Andi said, and I nodded, both of as getting up and walking in different directions. This isn't Cyrus. It's like He doesn't even try to look happy or interested. Like he doesn't even care anymore. I'm really worried about him, but talking to him isn't working.
I'm so gonna hate doing this, but I have to talk to TJ.
-
I sat down in front of him and he looked up from his math homework.
"I need to talk to you" I said.
"Okay, what's up"
"You tell me what's up" he looked confused, "I know you care about Cyrus, and I don't believe you wanted to hurt him. I know that you really wanted to do the costume with him and that you'd never buil on Cyrus, especially not for Kira, a girl you just met. So come on, tell me what's going on".
I could see that he conflicted about telling me.
"Kira," he said eventually, "she... blackmailed me, made me feel bad for doing a couple costume with Cyrus" I was confused.
"What do you mean that she made you feel bad for doing the costume together?" He just looked at me, and then I got it.
"She made you feel bad for liking Cyrus" he nodded, "TJ you have to talk to him", "I- I can't" I could see how scared he was, but Cyrus deserved to know the truth.
"Look TJ, Cyrus won't think of you any differently. And he's really hurt, you owe him the truth".
"Easy for you to say, your not the one that has to do it", he said, he's ton voice suddenly switching to anger, "and don't tell me you 'understand' because you don't, and you never will" he said and stood up, picking up his backpack.
"TJ-" I started, but he was already leaving.
TJ POV
Idiot. Idiot idiot idiot.
Not only you hurt the one person that actually cares about you and makes you feel happy, you just yelled at his best friend who was just trying to help.
Come on TJ, how are you gonna make things worst this time? Can't wait to see.
I walked down the hallway. I just feel like a total dumbass, and I just keep messing things up.
It's probably better this way, Cyrus is better off without me in his life. I'll just hurt him, more then I already have.
Before I could noticed where I was, I saw him standing by his locker, with his headphones on, looking like he was in deep thoughts.
Before I could help it I just walked up to his locker. Come on TJ, you can do this.
"Cyrus... Can- can we talk?"
Cyrus POV
I dare you to love me
The pretty and the ugly
If you're alone, I'll make it better
We could be alone together
I was walking down the hall to my locker, with my headphones on, not really paying attention to the rest of the world.
Oh, Florence in the spring time
Love me in the meantime, wish you would
I wish I could just stop feeling these feelings.
Yeah, everyone's your best friend
'Til you get to know them
Sabrina got that right
But I know you
Thought I did, obviously didn't.
We could be alone together
"Cyrus... Can- can we talk?"

Part two will be published is a few minutes
The song Cyrus is listening to is called alone together by Sabrina carpenter.
I will use a lot of her songs in these one shots cause she's my absolute favourite and I listen to a lot of her music while writing.