"Please don't." I whispered, slightly begging. Now that my body had witnessed being healthy & not wounded or sore all of the time, I never wanted to feel the way-too-familiar pain again. My father only chuckled darkly, leaning away from me while clicking his tongue in disapproval. "What? No smartass response? Scared?" He mocked & my breathing faltered as I remembered that my mom had the night shift as well tonight. "Pathetic." My father spat & before I could process anything, my hair was being grabbed & my face was slammed into the door of the refrigerator. I cried out as my nose felt like it broke in a variety of different places. "Damn I missed that feeling!" My father exclaimed to himself & I inhaled shakily against the black door of the fridge, feeling a large trickle of blood flow from my nose. I suddenly felt a hard fist to my stomach & I groaned, involuntarily bending over while wrapping my arms around my torso. As I felt another hit to my temple I closed my eyes, taking the pain. I could've easily fought back against him & won every time he ever decided to abuse me, but I didn't. Because unlike him, the thought of hitting my own family member or hurting them in anyway that was as wrong as this...was repelling to me. Even if he really deserved it, I don't think I could ever lay a hand on my own father & forgive myself for it.

"Sean?! What the fuck is going on here?!" My mom's voice suddenly boomed throughout the kitchen & I dragged my clouded eyes up to look at her standing in the doorway to the kitchen, her purse on the floor next to her as her jaw was slack. My father immediately released his hold on me & held his hands up in the air, making me stumble a little. "He just got so mad for no reason and started hitting me so I fought back." My father lied, adding a fake voice crack into the mix to try & receive pity. "Yeah fucking right Sean." My mom mocked & my breathing hitched even more than it already was. She usually never cussed. She would always get after Grayson & I whenever we even said 'Damn'.

"No, really! I just got home and he started to—" My father began to explain, but was cut off. "Out!" My mom shouted & my father had his mouth hanging open in confusion. "What?" He said, his voice dropping a few octaves lower as he got mad. "You heard me just fine. Get. Out. Now before I call the cops!" My mom yelled again, pointing her finger towards the front door where she had just entered. Just as my father opened his mouth to protest again, my mom continued on. "Now Sean! I never wanna see you around here again! Get out of my house!" She screamed louder than the times before & my father flinched, staring at her for a long moment before huffing & stomping out of the front door. A loud slam echoed throughout the house, full of my father's anger & I jumped a little. My mom locked the door behind her possibly newly divorced husband & let out a deep sigh that sounded thick with annoyance, before she brought her glinting eyes to me.

"Ethan!" I suddenly heard Emma call out in a worried tone as she stumbled down the stairs, almost tripping as she sprinted over to me. Her wet hair dripped onto what I realized as another one of my hoodies & she brought the aroma of a warm shower into the kitchen. "Oh my God, E." She mumbled to herself as her hands went to cover her mouth before slowly coming up to softly caress my cheek, causing me to lean into the warm touch. "Again?" She whispered & I nodded wordlessly as her eyes watered a little. Her arms wrapped around me & she pulled me down into a gentle hug, ducking her face into my neck. A few sniffles escaped her & she shook her head against my skin. "I'm so sorry." She mumbled & I shook my head in return. "It's not your fault. It's never your fault." I whispered & she sighed shakily against me, her arms molding tighter around my torso, causing a small wince to escape me as pressure hit my sore stomach. Emma's breath hitched & she pulled away, only slightly, worry filling her eyes as she brought her gaze to my clothed stomach. I already knew that after she would insist on letting her see in case it was really bad or needed medical attention.

"All of the shared glares, the tension in the air, the...yelling at night. That's what it was?" My mom said, her gaze glued to the floor as she shook her head, tears forming in her eyes. "I always thought it was just you and Grayson wrestling or arguing or–or-I don't know, but not this. I can't believe I never noticed. This was happening right under my nose for God knows how long. I'm so sorry baby, I'm such a bad mom, I should've noticed." She continued, her voice wavering & I shook my head at her, my hand playing with the hem of the hoodie Emma was wearing. "No mom, it's not your fault. It's dad's. Never blame this on yourself." I stated & she nodded, sniffling roughly as she quickly wiped the tears away from under her eyes. "And Emma," She started & gave Emma a warm smile, "you..you just–thank you. Thank you so, so, so much. For being there for my son, no matter how difficult I know he can be. Just, thank you. For being there when I couldn't." Emma's eyebrows raised in shock & she opened her mouth but no words came out so she only nodded her head. My mom sniffled again & then exhaled deeply, picking her purse up off of the floor. "Now, I'm going to bed...I need some time to..process things." She explained before slowly walking out of the room, a hand going up to wipe her face clear of tears again. I hoped she would be okay.

"Let me help you." Emma requested, bringing my eyes down to look at her while she stared directly at the thick stream of blood trickling from my nose.

****

Author's Note: hey hoes im being sister scandalous again on the laptop tehee. BUT OML I THINK IM GETTING MY PHONE BACK IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS SO AHHHHHH GET READY FOR MORE BOOKS & UPDATESSSS!! anyway, sorry this was short but i was really busy with work this week & i promise u the next chapter is gonna be a long one. :)))) AS always, ILY ALL SO VERY MUCH THX FOR STICKING WITH ME THROUGH THIS STUPID SITUATION WITH MY PHONE & HOPEFULLY ILL SEE U GUYS SOON!! ok byeeee! <3333

also im like about to update anchor if ur into that...its a long chapter too so I MEAN <3

also how do we feel about an ethma vampire ethan book?? just an idea....*already has first chap written*