He was numbly aware of the fact he was still clutching his phone in his pocket. Renjun was as still as a Roman sculpture. Jaemin cleared his head by blinking a few times and took his phone out, glancing at the teacher warily. She turned her head suddenly and he gasped and shoved his hand back into his pocket. Miss Jeon stood up and Jaemin held his breath.

"I'm leaving the room to go collect something from the office. If any of you so much twitch a limb with ill intention I will know and you will be sitting another two hours under the supervision of the vice-principal himself." Jaemin swallowed and nodded with the rest of the class. She exited the room and no one dared to even turn around to whisper. Miss Jeon was really terrifying.

But Jaemin was really stupid, too. He slipped his phone from his pocket, checked twice that it was on silent and texted Jeno. The reply was immediate.

 jeno what is renjun doing in detention

jenothanks: he

he tripped up the principal

lmao ok then

 alright what did he actually do

jenothanks: jaemin i'm not joking he tripped up the principal and was sent straight to detention

i'm not even sure whether it was by accident

he looks upset tho

jenothanks: ... is he crying

im not joking he might be.

jenothanks: asdklfjsldaj i don't know how to help when do you get out

in like an hour. someone has to cheer up renjun before then im not standing for this

jenothanks: i have an idea. if it goes right you should be out within five minutes

Jaemin squeaked and shoved his phone back in his pocket as he heard the telltale click of heels in the hallway. He sneaked another look at Renjun, who was now hiding his shame behind a book. Jaemin frowned. Maybe he had actually sent the principal sprawling.

He watched the door tentatively, waiting for the teacher's face to fill its frame, heart beating irregularly as he waited for whatever Jeno was doing to have an effect on this confusing situation.

A faraway ringing suddenly presented itself to the students in the room, who looked at each other with that little tinge of panic that came with the feeling that something big, bad and hairy was up and coming. The fire alarm filled their ears and everyone stood up and ran.

Jaemin tried not to burst into hysterical laughter, instead withstanding the stampede and hurrying over to Renjun, who hadn't been as fast in his reflexes. The last people left the room and Jaemin could hear Miss Jeon yelling outside, getting the students out into the front yard. Jaemin knew terribly well that he, Renjun and Jeno would be missed, but right then his priorities lay with the sheer number of ways he could hold this over Jeno's head.

"Renjun? Rennie? Sweetie, no one's here to judge you. Tripping up the principal is pretty fcuking awesome."

A hurried no-it-was-so-mean slipped out as Renjun shoved his chair under the table and started speeding towards the door to join the vibrating line of people outside.  

"Renjun? Jeno set that off, we're fine."

Renjun turned around slowly, blinking in confusion, all fresh regret suddenly gone from his face. "He set that off? To get us out of detention?"