My Love Life Before Mark

Mark was the first guy I had a real fling with since high school. I know! Crazy right?! Hard to believe that me, a junior in college, hasn't had a mans since 2014. In my defense, boys are stupid. They're never upfront! If they like me, they never say anything.

Prior to Mark, I had major crushes on a few guys on campus. There was the guy that lived next to my dorm building. There was the guy from my writing composition class. There was the guy from another class. We could've been a thing if it weren't for the fact that he had a girlfriend back home. There was the ESL student. We could've been a thing but it was hard to communicate with him. Not because of the language barrier, it was because the conversation was so one-sided. And then there's the tinder guy. We texted for less than a week when he asked to meet in person. We agreed to meet on campus that Saturday. He never showed up. I was waiting two hours for him. Finally, this semester, I met Mark.

Mark is like no other guy I've been with. Okay, I've only ever been with two guys prior to him, so not really a fair comparison, right?! Actually, one of the guys I was "with" wasn't even a boyfriend. We barely dated. We just liked each other. I've only ever had one boyfriend. Let's not talk about him right now. That's for another book. But Mark was really something else. I knew from the day that I met him that he was different from all the other guys I've liked.