Chapter Twenty-Two.

Chapter Twenty-Two. 

            The following day I decided to splurge a little on myself and get a pedicure for the first time in what seems like forever. At first I wasn’t going to but when I found out that Justin had a business meeting with Scooter for the whole day practically I figured this would be better than having to stay alone in that house with nothing to do. I know better than to do that because I would just let my mind wander to things that didn’t need to be thought about at the moment. I was in somewhat of a good place so I don’t plan on ruining it.

            As I was examining my newly painted toenails, I flipped through a magazine and let out a sigh of relief as the massage chair hit all of the spots I’ve needed done for so long. It’s actually kind of cool for the employees here not to know me. I mean granted, they didn’t speak English that well, but it was still nice to not be asked for a picture.

            “How much?” I glanced up from my magazine and pulled out my white fringe wallet from my purse.

            “Twenty five dolla’.” The woman replied, her Chinese accent as thick as ever.

            The fresh bills landed into her palm and I thanked her once more before I exited the building and headed straight for the car. Normally I would have walked around Main Street and shopped for a while before I got married to Justin but now it was almost impossible. I could already see the paparazzi peeking around the corners of buildings with their cameras, waiting for me to make one mistake or wrong move. I just didn’t feel the need to be out in public as much as I used to anymore.

            Once I was situated in my car, I took my phone out of the pocket of my jacket and decided to send a text to Justin. I missed him and it’s only been about two hours. I think it’s mainly because we were apart for a month and we’re still trying to catch up with each other but still. I just wanted him back home.

New Message To: Baby :)

     So bored… come home soon please? I miss you.

New Message From: Baby :)

     I feel the same. I’m on my way home now.

            When the message appeared on my screen I immediately felt a smile on my face and pulled out onto the street. I can’t believe I actually thought that he wanted to break up with me. I don’t really blame myself from how he treated me but I don’t know how I could have been so stupid.

-------- 

            As soon as I was home I found Justin at the dining room table sorting different piles of papers while still dressed in dress pants and a royal blue blazer. I don’t think he heard me because his eyes were still focused down on the table in front of him but maybe he did because in all honesty I wouldn’t know due to my mouth being completely dried out when I saw him. I don’t get to see him in a suit often but whenever I do I don’t know what to do with myself.

            “Oh, hey.” He smiled when his eyes met mine, gleaming with eagerness of some sort.

            “Hi…” I breathed out. “Uh, how was the meeting?”

            “Boring.” He replied. “I have to go to a business dinner in Seattle tomorrow to discuss the new fragrance I’m launching but of course you know I wouldn’t go without you so please go with me.”