Chapter One.

Chapter One. 

             “Do you recognize this woman?”

            The question repeated itself one thousand times, my ears ringing in an ear-deafening way as I tried to process the image into my brain. My legs felt like they were going to give out at any second, I felt like I was going to pass out, and I thought my head was going to explode.

            “Can we have a moment alone please?” Justin put his hand on the small of my back and led me away from the police officers and the crime scene onto the sidewalk across the street.

            My thoughts were rewinding back to the past couple of months to what I could have done to deserve this but nothing came to mind. We seemed to have been fine, why would she do such a thing? But the bigger question is why on earth would she leave that threat? Nothing made sense.

            “Please take a moment to relax.” He said calmly. “I know you are probably fuming right now, I am too, but you need to think about Isabelle. We don’t need a situation like last time.”

            “I can’t calm down!” I shrieked. “Justin what the hell is this? Some sort of joke? My best friend decides to burn down our house and threaten us? Why would she do that? Why did this happen? Why? Oh my god why?”

            There wasn’t another word that could fit into my head except why. That’s the only thing that came to mind right now. I had so many questions. I had so many questions that I needed to be answered.

            “I don’t know.” He replied. “But we’ll get through it Sophia.”

            “She shouldn’t have been in my wedding.” I sneered, completely ignoring him. “I never should have chosen her to be my maid of honor. I’m such an idiot.”

            “You had no control over her actions and she never gave you any reason to not trust her. Anyone would have done the same thing so can you please just try to calm down for me?”

            My breathing was heavier, not regular. I could feel my face turn red out of anger but there was nothing I could do to stop myself. My fingers were shaking from the blood boiling under my skin, each and every nerve standing on end from the news. I didn’t even know how to handle myself right now.

            “Sweetheart.”

            Grabbing my hand, Justin brought it up to his lips and gently kissed it, making my heart flutter from the contact. He was right like he always is; I need to calm down for Isabelle. The stress won’t be good for her.

             “I know.” I sighed. “I know, okay? I’m trying.”

            “It’s okay baby. Just take your time and relax.”

            I didn’t know what else to do at this point except cry. I let my tears fall down my cheeks until I finally buried my face into the t-shirt he was wearing and began to weep. I cried until I couldn’t cry anymore, the dry heaves escaping my mouth. That’s when Justin tilted my chin up with his finger and got me to look at him. I wanted him to talk to me more to calm me down until I looked behind him and saw paparazzi snapping their cameras away.

            “They’re everywhere!” I screamed, making him jump. “Can’t you guys just go away?!”

            I realized that what I had just done only made them earn more money but I couldn’t control myself. I honestly think I’m going insane.