twenty five

i wonder how my non-exisiting brain cells managed to create four updates yesterday :// epilogue up next :)

i would like to apologize in advance because of the following scenes. i'm sorry for the upcoming curse words you're about to encounter. i had to put it to make the scene more intense. if you're not comfortable, i suggest you to skip this chapter already.
----------

She was still ignoring him and he was not having it. It seems like the tables have turned. Before, Ningning was the one who's staring at Renjun from afar, admiring everything that he does.

Now, Renjun is the one staring at her from afar. She was havig the time of her life, laughing with her friends, not knowing how Renjun is suffering. He's watching her smile and laugh, not caring about the surroundings. Not caring about what he feels.

He doesn't blame her, though. Maybe she's just enjoying her time with her friends since she's about to go to China. It might take a long time before they see each other again.

Sighing, Renjun stood up and went to the cafeteria as Mark texted him. He grabbed his back and his notebook, which is already filled with his teachers' signatures. He doesn't want this day to be over yet. Not until he talks with her.

💓

"Renjun, is everything alright?" Eunmi asked the person who looked gloomy.

By now, they're somehow used to Renjun's attitude. Before, he would always smile and try to lighten the mood up with Donghyuck. Now, dark circles are visible under his eyes, not to mention how swollen his eyes are.

Renjun slowly shook his head as he buried his head on the table. "I-I'm not... okay..." He said, trying to make his breathing even.

At the entrance of the cafeteria stood Ningning, whose heart was slowly breaking upon seeing Renjun cry like that. She doesn't know the reason why, but she thinks she's the reason why.

Her breath hitched, feeling guilty. She badly wants to talk to him, but she doesn't have the courage to. She wants to walk towards him and let him cry on her shoulder, but her feet won't move.

"Ningning..." The person beside her spoke, snapping the girl from her thoughts, bringing her back to reality before she could evem cry. "It's time to go..."

Renjun, I'm sorry...

"Hyung, Ningning's leaving." Everyone turned to look at Jisung who just looked up from his phone. "She just texted me..."

Renjun's eyes widened, his eyes are becoming glossy once again. He stood up and slowly left the cafeteria, dragging his feet towards the locker room.

Jisung scrunched his face, "That's it?! He won't even follow her? Wow, Renjun-hyung. Daebak!!" He said, grabbing his things, following his hyung.

Sobs, and muffled cries echoed inside the locker room. Renjun was sitting beside a locker, he was alone. Maybe because of the fact that everyone already cleaned their lockers.

He leaned his head towards his left, where the locker was located. He closed his eyes as he felt hos tears running down his face.

The door blasted open, showing Jisung with his unusual enraged face. He saw Renjun sitting beside the locker, he then wasted no time in rushing towards the older.

"For fuck's sake, Renjun-hyung! You aren't stupid! But why must you be this dense?!" Jisung rubbed his temples, as he was about to lose his temper. The person in front of him is his (Renjun's) batch's with highest honor, and yet here he is, acting stupid.

"Leave me alone, Jisung-ah..." Renjun said tiredly. He's too brokenhearted to talk to anyone. "Just tell me what I need to know and leave..." He said, turning his back.

"Ningning is yz!" Jisung blurted out. "She's the one sending you letters!" At this point, the younger didn't care if he's already shouting at someone older han him.

Jisung wasn't scared even if Taeyong and Irene would scold him. Someone has to knock Renjun's senses, and that someone has to be Jisung. "Hyung, you had the audacity to rip her letters in front of her, twice! Now, you expect her to accept you just like that?! Hyung, you're stupid!" Jisung didn't care if their friends were trying to stop him from saying everything. Something has to happen, and it happens now.

"Oh, she loves you, alright, hyung. So fucking much that it hurts her! Every night she'd call either me or Chenle because she's having a hard time breathing thinking of the time when you ripped her letters in front of her!" Renjun looked at the younger. Jisung just snapped.

The younger kicked one of the chairs that was inside and it was knocked over in an instant. As expected from a kid who plays soccer really well. "Freaking idiot, Renjun-hyung! You're really stupid! She's just waiting for you to realize that she's yz all this time and you had to play dumb." He rolled his eyes. "I just want both of my friends to be happy and here you are..." He scoffed.

"Yah, Park Jisung!" Taeyong yelled. He didn't liked the way Jisung acted. It was way too much of himself. "Enough. That's enough!" He warned the youngest of them as he kept on cursing at Renjun, who was silent, probably rethinking of everything that he did.

"What... W-What have I done?" Renjun hugged his knees and sobbed.

Jisung took a deep breath, composing himself, before going towards his bag. "Don't make me fucking regret this, hyung." He said, before stacking a pile of folded pieces of paper in front of Renjun.

"What are these?"

Jisung smirked. "Oh, those are her letters. She asked me to give them to you when the right time comes, when would be the perfect time other than now?" He said, standing up, leaving the locker room.

Everyone's eyes widened upon seeing the letters that were scattered in front of Renjun. Their eyes followed Jisung who was making his way outside. They decided to follow him and leave Renjun for a while.

But not Irene. She decided to stay and sit in front of the younger. She was the eldest of them all, that's why she understands how Renjun's feeling right now.

"I wish this pain would stop... I didn't know, noona... I didn't know..." Renjun hugged Irene who was in front of him.

The older just listened to the guy who was crying. "I wish I knew it sooner..."

The younger sobbed, "Ning.... N-Ning, I'm sorry... come back to me..."

Jisung entered the room, looking calmer than before. He crouched in front of Renjun and patted his shoulder before showing his phone. "She just arrived at the airport." She sighed. "Go and get her. You've got plenty of time left."

— tbc.