2. Gwaine's suggestion

The day went by, BEING NICE IS IMPOSSIBLE WHEN HE'S PUSHING ALL MY BUTTONS! Damn! It's like he's trying to piss me off!

I mumbled angrily to myself when I was stopped by someone.

"Calm down, princess!" It was Gwaine, and he was laughing. "What's gotten on your nerves?"

"Merlin..." I mumble back.

"Finally realized that you love him?" Gwaine chuckled.

"How the fuck did you know?" I pushed him against the wall.

"I knew it..." He whispered as he looked at me in disbelief. "I KNEW IT!" He yelled happily.

"What?" I asked, just as angry, and now also confused.

"I was only joking!" Gwaine laughed. "I had my suspicions on it, I CALL DIPS ON THE FIRST TOAST ON THE WEDDING!"

"There will be no wedding!" I hissed. "He doesn't even know I like him..."

"Aww, are the princess a nervous little kitten?" Gwaine mocked.

"Call it whatever..." I mumbled. "And don't tell anyone!"

"Arthur, Arthur, Arthur..." Gwaine shook his head. "How far have you gotten to get his affection without help?" He asked.

"... nowhere?"

"Let the knights help. Let us, your friends, help you." Gwaine grinned. "and we're all loyal to you, so we won't say anything to Merlin."

As on que, Merlin came from around the corner. "Tell me what?" he asked, holding a bunch of clothes.

"Damn it, Merlin!" Gwaine exclaimed, before he sighed. "We're planning your birthday present. You can't just wander around while we're trying to keep a secret from you!" He winked at me.

Nice save, Gwaine... I have to admit it. Nice save. If, of course, it was Merlin's birthday soon.

"You remembered my birthday?" Merlin asked wide-eyed. Yes, Gwaine, very nicely saved. "I only told you that once!"

"Of course I remembered." Gwaine took his arm around Merlin's shoulder, almost making him loose the clothes. "In seven days, am I right?"

"Very correct, Gwaine." Merlin laughed. "So, what are you getting me?" He asked.

"No, no, no. We're not telling!" Gwaine chuckled. "It's a secret for a reason."

"Fine... I like a surprise, anyway." Merlin shook it off happily, before he left to do the rest of his chores.

"You see, Arthur. I know Merlin, I just proved that, let me help you." Gwaine smiled.

"Fine." I grumbled.

---

After two hours of 'practicing', Gwaine shooed me off to try and flirt with Merlin.

... This was going to be the end of me...

I leaned against the wall in my chambers... I was literally going to die...

And of course, Merlin had to show up. He was supposed to, but I didn't want him to... not with the so-called plan Gwaine forced me into.

"Hello, Merlin." I greeted.

"Ehm... Hi Arthur?" He looked unsure.

"I wonder... do you have an extra heart?" I started.

"What?"

"You must have, you just stole mine." I smirked.

Oh gods... I. Am. So. Dead. And so is Gwaine.

"Once again, Arthur. What?" Merlin took a step back.

"If nothing lasts forever... can you be my nothing?" Thank whatever god is up there that I've never had skin that showed blush easily.

"Come with me..." Merlin grabbed my hand, and dragged me with him.

"How are you so fast? You must be exhausted!" I tried one more.

"Why would I be?" Merlin gave me a quick glance.

"You've been running though my mind all day."

"GAIUS!" Merlin yelled as we entered the court physician's chambers.

"What is it, Merlin?"

"Arthur's under some love spell. Fix it." Merlin sat me down on the sick-people-bed and sat down himself on a bench further away.

Gaius laughed, "Who is he in love with this time?"

"Me."

Gaius looked at him, and Merlin nodded sadly. "I'll do it as quick as I can..."