Chapter 3 - Hiccup

- Author's note: This is gonna be a short one, I'm really feeling some shipping but I need to set out the characters first, so bear with me. The next few might be rather short. Thanks! -

Hiccup

I tapped quickly on the keyboard in front of me, desperately tapping on the mouse, as I fought a boss in my favourite game. I was playing with Jordan and Fishlegs, my two best friends.

"Step aside, guys, I'll get him!" Jordan shouted from behind his monitor. His avatar barged past us and ran at the giant, firing burning arrows. It fell to the ground within seconds, leaving Fishlegs and I completely baffled. Jordan normally stayed behind, using ranged attacks, but whenever he came out onto the front line he always shocked us.

"Great job, Jord!" Fishlegs stammered. "I didnt even know you could use that attack."

"Neither did I." He mumbled. His voice suddenly got high, and he coughed. "So, are we done for the day? I need to eat."

"You guys can go," I said. "I'm gonna stay here for a bit longer." They logged out of their computers and left me in the computer lab, in silence. A few moments after they'd left, I logged myself out and swivelled around on my chair. 

Just then, right on schedule, the door opened. Someone who's name I didnt know walked in, thinking the room was empty. He'd been doing it for a while now - coming in as soon as we leave - and I wanted to know why.

"Oh- you're still here?" He stammered. "I..uh.."

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Kristoff."

I paused for a moment. "Come and sit down, Kristoff." He hesitated, then took a seat opposite me. "Why do you always come in as soon as we leave?" I asked calmly, leaning forward on my chair with my eyebrows furrowed.

His eyes flickered about the room, not looking at me. "I like to be alone. I'm not very social."

"Neither are we."

"I....uh...I should really go." He started to stand up.

"Wait!" He stopped. I stood up and put my hand on his shoulder. "Come and join us for lunch." 

He didnt turn. "I'm really not good in crowds..."

"We wont bite."

There was a long pause. 

"Okay," He sighed eventually. "I cant promise I'll enjoy it, though."

I smiled. "Let's go."