She frowned, knowing that she was going to have to take Taeyong away from the flowers he loves.

"Sweetie~"

Taeyong whipped his head to face the woman who called for him. He saw Ms. Abigail lift her watch and immediately he pouted.

"I don't wanna," he said, looking at her with his big eyes, practically begging her silently.

"Taeyongie~" she paused, "they promised ice cream today!"

His pout immediately flipped, a wide smile on his face and Abigail almost swore she could see all of his teeth.

He dropped whatever he had had in his hand, and scrambled to Abigail, who was slowly standing up.

He grabbed her hand, trying to drag her more quickly into the Clinic.

She smiled lightly to herself, seeing the boy so enthusiastic. Her boy.

She didn't want to do this to him, but it was who he was, and what he was.

Taeyong had led her into the room, before jumping to sit on the table in the center of the room.

She had stayed at the door frame not wanting to disturb the doctors who were coming soon.

She just smiled lightly at him as he reflected her actions, before there was a sound of fabric and a gust of wind, before she saw the doctors in front of the boy.

She could feel her eyes starting to water, the emotion shocking herself.

She's seen this before. This wasn't the beginning, she tried telling herself, seeing the doctor's to roughly grab the small boy's arm.

She steeled herself against the emotion moving her heart.

That was the problem, she realized, her heart.

In the life that people were forced to have, that's the one thing she should've left behind when she came to oversee this laboratory.

She hated to see the men whose names she will never know, putting their hands on Taeyong, injecting substances meant to kill, and somehow the small boy has been able to survive.

Taeyong's big eyes caught her own where she stood frozen at the entrance of the door.

"Ms. Abigail!" he called for her, clearly in distress being surrounded by the strange men once again.

Abigail grit her teeth, not answering the boy.

Taeyong's cries were getting louder, making Abigail close her eyes, trying to get the boy's voice out of her head.

Needle sinking into skin.

Taeyong was wailing, his screams coming the back of his throat, not caring if he was making a scene.

It had never been this painful before.

Abigail slowly turned from the doorframe, walking away from the boy.

"Abigail!" his voice vibrating in her head, making her hold tight to what was the rest of her will to stay away from the boy.

"Abigail! No! Don't leave me here with them!"

She didn't respond.

"Abigail!"

"Abigail!"

The woman's head snapped from the memory to the person calling her name.

"What?" she asked, face muted, tone cold.

"What do you want us to do about Project Kkum?" the shivering man asked.

"Find. Them," the man looked up in shock, "No matter what."

She turned back to the reflection of herself and the lights of the city.

What possibly could make Taeyong mad enough to do this to me?

She already knew the answer, and she knew that Taeyong knew, but she never thought that Taeyong would hold that against her.

She's the one who gave him freedom.

The little brat should be thankful.

The man that she had spoken to hadn't left her office yet, shaking slightly at Abigail's cold stance as she turned to face him once more.

"And bring their leader to me."

She had some business to tend to.

. . . 

A/N:

An update Yay!

So, it's nearing the end of senior year, and like all I have is two classes, but I'm already procrastinating eVeRyThiNg. 

but it's whatever I guess oof

but I hope you all had a good Easter, and I hope you have an even better day/night today.

Thank you for reading!

Until next time!

started : 2019.4.09
finished : 2019.4.22

(fun fact, this was originally supposed to be chapter forty eight, hence why I started it first, so, there's some knowledge)