Olivarry: Fever Dream

Start from the beginning

"Bear, I told you that you should've stayed home today." Oliver said kneeling next to Barry.

"Sorry." coughed Barry.

"It's alright, baby, I'm gonna take you home and take care of you." Oliver told Barry.

He rubs his sick boyfriend's head and frowns at the concerning amount of heat that radiated from it. Both Oliver and Joe help Barry to Oliver's car.

"Keep me updated, tell me how he's doing." Joe requested.

"I will." replied Oliver.

"Feel better, Barry." Joe said.

"...'kay..." Barry responded nodding off.

Oliver drives Barry home and gets him into bed.

"Have you eaten anything today?" Oliver asked pulling the blankets over Barry.

"A little, not much." Barry replied hoarsely.

"Guess that's okay for now, just get some sleep." said Oliver.

Before Barry fell asleep, Oliver kisses his over-heated forehead.

It was foggy, empty, and silent. There was not a single person in the entire city, except Barry. He was all alone...or so he thought. Suddenly, Barry was being chased by zombies...zombies that look exactly like his mother. They were all over the place, everywhere he turned there was hundreds and thousands of them. No matter how fast he ran, they kept gaining on him. Their screams were the same scream his mother screamed the night she died. Soon, Barry was cornered, with nowhere left to run.

"OLLIE! HELP ME!!" Barry cried out terrified.

As they inched closer and closer, they reached towards him with their bony, decaying hands while repeatedly shrieking his name.

"NO! STOP! GET AWAY! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" Barry yelled.

When they were mere inches away, Barry hears Oliver's voice call out to him.

Once he opens his eyes and sees Oliver leaning over him, Barry realized that what happened earlier was a dream caused by his extremely high fever. Even though it was just a dream, it was still very horrifying. Barry begins to tremble and sob quietly.

"Oh, Barry, it's okay. Shhh, it was just a dream, I'm right here, I got you." Oliver soothed hugging his boyfriend and rubbing the back of his head.

The sobs quickly turn into coughing and hacking. After Barry's done coughing, Oliver makes him drink some water then feels his forehead.

"Sh*t, you're way too hot. We gotta get you cooled off." Oliver said taking the blankets off of Barry.

The brunette complains and whines when he's uncovered.

"Sorry, babe, I know you think you're freezing; but your fever is through the roof, so it only seems like that. Look, the bedsheets and pillowcase are completely soaked in sweat." Oliver explained, taking Barry's sweaty shirt off.

He grabs a cold rag and dabs Barry's forehead, cheeks, neck, and chest. Barry starts to relax when his fever begins to slowly decline.

"Wanna talk about it? The nightmare?" Oliver asked playing with Barry's hair.

"There was so many of them." Barry whimpered.

"So many what?" asked Oliver patiently.

"Zombies...a lot of them, and every single one looked like my mom. All I could hear was her screams and her voice calling out my name." Barry explained tearing up.

He starts crying, so Oliver crawls into bed next to Barry and holds him. The forensic scientist curls up and snuggles into his boyfriend's side. Oliver uses the cold rag to wipe away Barry's tears. Next, Oliver grabs a bottle off the nightstand.

"You should take this, it'll help bring your fever down." said Oliver.

Barry takes the medicine and snuggles closer to Oliver.

"I'm tired." mumbled Barry.

"Then go back to sleep." Oliver replied.

"Too scared." said Barry with a shaky voice.

"Babe, you need to sleep, it'll make you feel better. Don't worry about any nightmares, I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere." Oliver told Barry.

He kisses Barry's forehead and holds him gently. It didn't take long for Barry to fall back asleep. With the love of his life next to him, he had a peaceful sleep.