Olivarry: Fever Dream

A/N: Non-superhero AU

Barry woke up with a runny nose and itchy eyes. He sits up, grabs a tissue, and blows his nose.

"You okay, babe?" Oliver yawned waking up.

"I'm fine, it's just allergies. We probably need to dust in here." replied Barry rubbing his eyes.

The hot shower clears up his stuffy nose a little bit; but as he was getting dressed, his nose got even more stuffed up and he developed a slight cough.

"Bear, sweetheart, are you sure you're feeling okay?" Oliver asked concerned.

"I told you, I'm fine, Ollie." Barry answered wiping his nose.

"It sounds like you're getting sick." Oliver said placing the back of his hand against his boyfriend's forehead.

Oliver pulls away, not feeling any warmth from Barry. Even though Barry didn't have a temperature, Oliver was still a little worried.

"You still don't sound all that great, you should stay home and rest." suggested Oliver.

"Oliver, I can't do that, I've got work to do, a lot of it." Barry protested.

"Alright, but take it easy, and call me if you feel bad, okay?" Oliver said.

"I will. I love you, Ollie." Barry said kissing his boyfriend.

The forensic scientist leaves his apartment and goes to work. As the day went on, Barry's symptoms got worse. He tried to get as much work done as he could, but the brunette was completely miserable. The pounding headache, stuffed nose, and irritated eyes made his vision blurry and unfocused. The constant sneezing and coughing, and never ending chills made it impossible to be comfortable and concentrate. Barry suddenly breaks into a rough coughing fit. His coughs were so hard, it made his lungs feel like they were on fire. A hand rubs and pats his back; turning around, Barry sees that it's Joe.

"You alright, Barry?" Joe asked when Barry stopped coughing.

"...fine..." breathed Barry.

"Mhmmm, sure you are." replied Joe not believing his foster son.

Joe knew Barry was anything but fine, he looked awful, really awful. Fatherly instincts kick in and Joe presses his palm to Barry's forehead.

"D*mnit, Barry, you're boiling!" Joe grumbled.

Barry groans laying his head down on his desk.

"Do you want me to call Oliver?" Joe asked gently.

"Mhm." Barry nodded.

"Okay, I will, but first I'm taking you to my office, there you can lay down on the couch." said Joe.

The cop helps his foster son to his feet and tries to keep him steady. Not even half a step, and the sick man completely collapses.

"Barry!" Joe gasped worriedly.

He shakes Barry's shoulders, trying to wake him up. Digging his phone out of his pocket, Joe calls Oliver. Joe situates Barry so that his head is in his lap. While he waits for Oliver to answer, he tenderly strokes the side of Barry's head.

"Hello?" Oliver said.

"Oliver, you need to come get Barry. He's sick and he just fainted." Joe explained.

"Oh my god! I'm coming right away." Oliver replied.

After hanging up, Joe carries Barry to his office and lays him on the couch. Just as Barry was coming to, Oliver walks in.