→ Chapter two

YAYYYY Chapter two is up! I really plan on sticking with this story, I think I'm going to have fun writing it! Ok anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter. I worked a while on it, and thank you to the people who messaged me on my tumblr about this, means alot. Anyway go read now!

Next Update: Tomorrow!

- Bronwyn

xx

_____

I sighed as I leaned my head back on my head rest and closed my eyes, 2 hours and 22 minutes and I'll be in the Pierce's barn, I'll be in their house! I'll be living with them for a year and if I'm lucky, a few more years after that. I couldn't believe I had gotten the chance to even get to talk to Alan, let alone be ask to ride for them. It was a dream come true, I opened my eyes again and looked out into the crystal blue sky that has a few puffy white clouds scattered beneath us, 2 minutes down, only 2 hours and 20 minutes to go.

_____

"This is your captain speaking, we will be landing in 5 minutes, so if you could put your seats into the upright position and make sure your trays are secured, we will begin our decent." I heard the pilots voice ring around the plane. I smiled and pushed up my tray and secured it into place, finally! This had been the longest flight I have ever had, it didn't help that I kept thinking about everything bad that could happen when I got to the Pierce's barn. I shook my head and ran my fingers through my dark brunette hair, I felt my ears begin to pop as we slowly made our way down to Kentucky's airport. I forced myself to yawn, relieving the pressure on my ears for just a slight moment.

I felt myself lurched slightly forward as the plane hit the tarmac on the airport's runway, I looked out the window and finally saw the emerald green grass that Kentucky was so famous for. I glanced over the other side and saw the airport streaking past us. As the plane slowed down the airport buildings came into focus.

"Welcome to Lexington, Kentucky. It's half past two in the afternoon. It is also a chilly 16 degrees outside with a slight chance of rain. If you could please remain seated until we have made a complete stop. I hope you enjoyed your flight with American Airlines and we hope to see you again." I heard the airhostess's voice come ring around the plane just as the pilots had a few minutes ago.

_____

I grabbed a hold of the handle of my suitcase and haled it off of the conveyer belt, god I shouldn't of packed so much of my stuff, my suitcase weighed a ton. I pulled the leather strap of my carryon bag onto my shoulder and started to make my way to the sliding doors that led out to the main lobby of the airport, where apparently I was meant to meet the driver that was meant to pick me up and drive to the Pierce Stables. I took a deep breath as stepped out to the crowd of people that where waiting outside the departure doors, I scanned the crowds of people and my eyes met with a sign that read, Elena Moore. I looked up at the man holding a sign but stopped dead in my tracks as my eyes met the familiar face that Sarah and I fangirled over many, many times before at horse shows and at school, Ryan Pierce. I saw him searching the stream of people that had begin to come out of the doors. He hadn't seen me, good, I probably looked like a complete freak starring at him with my mouth hanging open. I quickly closed it and gathered myself up before making my way over to him, I cleared my throat as I got beside him,

"Umm, hi, I'm Elena Moore. I-l-m guessing you're here for me?" I tried to say calmly, I couldn't let him think I was a weird, giggly girl who was in love with someone who they hadn't even met in real-life before.

"Shi..oh hi" He laughed as he quickly looked at me, "sorry, I didn't see you there, you snuck up on me,"

God! He was so adorable! How can someone be so adorable, seriously? No, Elena! Stop it,

"Uh, Elena?" I heard his deep voice ask,

"What? Huh? Sorry.. What did you say?" I asked, feeling my cheeks heat up slightly, I mentally slapped myself, Elena get a hold of yourself, you are acting like a teenager drunk on love.

"It's ok, I was just saying that we should get going, it's an hour's drive to the barn." He laughed as he shook his head, his soft brown eyes sparkling with humour.

"Well we better get on the road then!" I smiled, as I grabbed the handle of my suitcase again,

"Leave that, I'll get it" He stated, moving towards me, reaching out to the handle of my suitcase,

"No, no. It's ok, you'll brake your back with this thing." I smiled as I shook my head at him,

"So is that why you are pulling it? I think I'm a bit stronger than you," He chuckled, a small smirk spreading across his face, I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

"Fine, fine. Just don't way I didn't warn you." I scoffed, rolling my eyes again, which caused him to let out a soft laugh.

"I'll keep that in mine Elena. Now come on, let's go." He smiled as he turned around and started to walk towards the exit, I took a deep breath, this is going to be the best year of my life, I think.