32

32
play the song on repeat!
<--->

hyunjin's hands were cold and sweaty, but he didn't care. he completely forgot that he was heartbroken and rushed to get to the hospital doors through the dark night. the moonlight glistened on his facial features, illuminating the sweat that rolled down his face.

areum was in the hospital and that was where he needed to be as soon as possible. his legs felt like they were on fire and he felt dumb for not taking a cab, but again he didn't care. he needed to get to the hospital, and that was all it mattered for him.

when the hospital was in his sight, his heart raced and all the thoughts of seeing a perhaps injured areum flashed through his mind. trying to enter the hospital doors, chan anxiously waited for him at the front entrance with his phone in his hand and called out for hyunjin. his arm that was leaning on the door to support his body waved at hyunjin, fast.

hyunjin's head whipped in his direction, walking over quickly with long strides. breathless, he asked, "w-where's areum?" all he wished was that she would be okay, that she was alright, and that she was perfectly fine and it was just a minor thing. he knew that it couldn't be what he thought as the concerned look on chan's face told him otherwise.

chan worriedly scanned the boy's face. felix had texted him about what happened at the party and he knew fully well that hyunjin wasn't okay. he could see the dry tears on his face and chan's heart broke at that. as much as chan wanted to ask him about how he was feeling, he escorted hyunjin to areum's room.

"come with me," chan said quickly, walking to areum's hospital room with hyunjin following behind closely. hyunjin couldn't think properly and all his worries were on areum.

"is she fine? is she okay? what happened? what did i miss?" hyunjin asked multiple questions at once that chan didn't bother to reply to. shortly, they arrived to areum's room and chan knocked on the large dark brown wood door with the room number 325.

hyunjin got his answers to his questions as he saw a glimpse of areum lying on the bed with her eyes closed. he didn't care about the other people in the room as his focus was only on her, his best friend who was connected to multiple machines and his face paled. hyunjin's heart raced in panic, but he calmly went over to her to see any signs if she was still breathing.

"areum?" he slowly approached her, his hands trembling as he reached for her hand that was lying on her side. his gripped tightened on her hand as his eyes landed on her very pale face. areum looked lifeless as the color from her lips drained, and she was very pale as her face looked unusual. her black hair was smoothed back, and there was a mask resting under her chin.

"she's sleeping," jisung softly said from the side, walking up to hyunjin carefully. "the doctor told us that she should get some rest because right now she's not that stable enough."

hyunjin didn't remove his eyes away from her as if she would disappear from his sight the second he looked away. he asked quietly, "she's okay though, right?"

jisung nodded his head. "yeah, but don't worry. we're trying to get in contact with her parents to pay for her medical bill. they're not picking up any of our calls, so it's harder than we thought it would be."

hyunjin pursed his lips. "how long is she staying here?" he knew that areum's parents were busy so it would be hard to reach them because of how much they travel. he never knew the reason why areum's parents traveled a lot, but he guessed it was because of how many businesses they were included in. areum's parents were always like that even when they were younger that hyunjin worried about how the girl would cope up being alone at her house.