Cape

Trigger Warnings: crying?

Patton's POV

I opened Roman's door and saw a mess. Papers were strewn everywhere, his bed was unmade, and the room had paint everywhere. The paint was...

black and purple.

I scanned the room, but I didn't see Roman anywhere.

"Roman?" I called out hesitantly.

His head popped up from the other side of the bed. His hair was messy, his outfit stained, and his sash a little torn.

"Oh, Roman."

"Oh hey Pat. Didn't see you there. I'm a little busy. I'm working on a project right now. Maybe you can come visit later and oh look at that you're wearing that cat cardigan that Logan bought you. I didn't know that you still wore that and-"

"Roman..." I cut him off.

Roman looked up quizzically at me.

"We are having a family meeting."

"Oh-um I'm not sure if I can attend.... my crown seems to be lost."

"What crown?"

Roman burst out in tears.

"Oh honey...."

I walked over and kneeled down next to him.

"S-someone very important gave me that. I need it! I need it! I need it!" He screamed.

I shushed him gently. I don't know who gave him the crown, but I could tell he was upset. I slowly wrapped my arms around him.

"I think it's best to go to the commons..." I said.

"Ok"

We stood up and walked to the common room. Logan and Deceit were sitting on the couch. The box was on the coffee table. Roman sat on the big black leather armchair that was beside the couch. I took a deep breath and walked over to the table.

I lightly placed my hand on the box. I took another deep breath and opened the box. There were several items in the box. I pulled out the first one. It was a worn down black and purple patchwork cape.

"What's that?" Logan asked.

I shuddered.

"I-I gave.." I choked on my words as tears slid down my face.

I gave Virgil that cape. We were so young beck then.

Flashback

Cliffhanger 😅

I'm so sorry that the chapters have been so short. I've just been so unmotivated for some reason. The next chapter should be longer. Again I'm sorry. Have a great day!❤️