Chapter 30

The Ten Commandments Return

You rolled the medal over in your hand, "so this is what humans give each other in appreciation?"

"Only rich people are able to afford medals, so its seen as a great honour among most men" Merlin smiled as she threw the medallion into the tavern fireplace.

"Can I see?" Arthur jumped over the bar and ran over to you as you walked inside. You handed the young boy the medal and his eyes fell to yours, a little sad "sorry I slept through your ceremony".

You ruffled his orange hair, "that's ok, you only just got better" He grinned happily and leant his head into your open hand.

Meliodas walked in after you, followed behind the eye of Diane poking in through the door, "here Arthur, you can have mine" he tossed the medal which the king quickly caught.

"Thanks!" The boy held up one medal and handed yours back to you gratefully, "Wow this is so cool!"

Suddenly there was a violent tremor that shook through the tavern and the ground outside, you gasped as your chest swelled and your eyes were triggered to glow a brilliant white.

Meliodas hissed and clenched his fists, "they're awake".

"Who's awake?" Gowther poked your back. You were doubled over on the ground, hands over your ears, and eyes squeezed tightly shut.

Arthur desperately helped you to your feet as you finally gained control over your burning eyes, "gah! Melio..." you gripped Arthur's shirt as your gaze met the captain's "those auras, they feel like..."

"I know" he nodded, "they're back"

"This is madness" Merlin tensed up, she took even strides over to you and took a forceful hand of your shirt, pulling her to her eye level. Meaning she had to lift you slightly off the ground, good thing you were supernaturally light, "(Y/n), you have to project yourself over to investigate this tremor".

"What?" You panicked, shaking your head wildly, "I don't know anything about it?"

"That's not what I'm suggesting" The sin of gluttony set you back onto the ground, "you have to see what happened, your the only one with astral projection".

Your legs were shaking as you desperately tried to keep yourself still, Meliodas gave you a worried look, but you had never seen Merlin act this way, she seemed genuinely scared. So you nodded, "alright" and lay down on the tavern bar.

Arthur held your hand, "mum, exactly what is it you are doing?"

"Shh, Arthur just hold my hand" you closed your eyes, a single tear falling off the side of your face in your fright. Your astral form lifted out of your body, and your wings materialised to throw you kilometres into the air and towards the tremor's source.

You ended up in a place you would never expect, your old home. Danafall. You landed outside of your cliff-side cottage to look upon the remanets of the town, now just a large crater where a mountain town once stood.

The cliff-side cottage was in slightly better shape, although the windows were blown out and the beautiful vegetable garden had long since died. The outside walls looked worse for wear and many tiles had fallen from its roof.

In your astral form, you weren't really able to interact with your surroundings, so when you approached the door of your cottage home you passed right through it.

What you saw inside almost made you scream, but you hastily covered your mouth to stop the noise leaving you.

Zeldris?!?