Chapter 26

The Red Demon Corpse

"What the..." Your eyes were wide as you stood on Diane's shoulder looking down at the decimated castle wall, Ban landed at the foot of the hole and as the smoke cleared, you all peered inside. You gasped as you spotted the gigantic red demon corpse hanging from the roof of the dungeon, hundreds of metal stakes in its arms and body to hold it off the ground. Its eyes were blank like pits and one of its horns had been ripped clean of its head.

"EWWW!" Diane cringed, "Its all flabby and gross!"

Gowther rocked on his ankles, "the magic emitting from the cadaver is identical to the demonic powers I felt from Dale and the New Generations" he looked up at the creature, "this is no doubt the source of it all".

"Diane, I've been meaning to ask" you patted the side of the giant's cheek to pull her attention away from the corpse, "where is Arthur?"

"I'm right here!" You hear his voice call from the cliff behind you all. You turn your head to glance over your shoulder and you spot the young king's auburn hair as he climbs up to you from the village below, "miss me?"

He grins and stands, resting his sword on his gold-armoured shoulder. 

"So demons really do exist" King caught your eye as he flew past you to see the monster's hanging body. 

"It all began 15 years ago, when I discovered him in the burned down Fairy Forest" Hendrickson curled his fingers around the handle of his sword. You stepped off the giant's shoulder and landed in a crouch. As you stood to your full height, Arthur was beside you.

You flicked your hand out to block a deadly vine of black energy as it had sped to rip through Arthur, it disappeared tunneling into your glowing palm. Then it retreated back into Hendrickson's body. The other sins had all blocked similar attacks, accept for Ban, who let it pierce right through his chest.

"The embodiment of demon powers?" Ban snickered, walking up the magic until his chest met the end of Hendrickson's arm, "then you cant win" he spit blood from his mouth onto the Holy Knight's arm. He flipped forward and kicked the Knight over the head, the ground cracked beneath them and Hendrickson's body disappeared down a holy, "I'M THE ONE THAT KILLED THAT LARD!"

"I feel a breeze" Gowther's back bent slightly as he examined the dark hole in front of all of you where Hendrickson had fell down from, "there must be a cave down there".

Meliodas flashed behind you with incredible speed and picked you up bridal style, one of his hands squeezing your boob as you yelped, "Well! Lets go!" He grinned and jumped down into the hole.

Diane fell to her knees, hands either side of the abyss in the rock, "wait you guys! I'm to big to go down there!"

"Stay up there and keep watch!" Meliodas called.

You looked up and cupped your hands either side of your lips, "Arthur you stay up there too you hear!"

"Got it!" Arthur laughed and turned to look up at Diane, "so... your the sin of envy I presume?"

Meliodas let you go and you felt the ground underneath your feet, "its pitch black down here"

Someone placed a thin over-shirt around your shoulders, you heard Gowther's voice behind you so it must've been him, "Ban, are you really going to flick a booger at the Captain?"

You heard Ban chuckle, "Gowther you can see?"

A thousand little blue plumes of flame magically appeared around all of you, illuminating the cavern. One hovered over your open hand and you realised Gowther had taken off his over shirt to put on you, leaving him only in his long sleeved singlet.