Chapter 4

Taylor's POV

"Hello sunflower, my name's Corey"

Sunflower?

Maybe it's a Californian thing?

Well I can't judge him so I'll just go with it.

"Hi." I say in a quiet voice.

"I'm Taylor."

The teacher calls for our attention and I turn my head to see what they look like. He has peircing brown eyes a dark brown almost black hair. He's not completely muscular but he's not chubby.

He just had to cast a look at me and asked me to introduce myself to the class.

I drag myself onto my feet and prepare myself to speak.

"Hi. My name is Taylor and I'm from Nevada."

After my way to long speech, I sit down and the class just creepily grinned at me. The two triplets looked overjoyed but I don't know why. Did something happen while I was taking?

Even the teacher was grinning but wasn't he like required to smile? Is everyone in this school a bunch of creepo's? Do they have anything better to do than stare at me like I'm the chosen one?

I sit down and the teacher introduces himself to me and starts his lesson. I think he's talking a bunch of gibberish because nothing he says makes sense. He soon passes out a worksheet and says its due at the end of class and if it isn't completed, it's homework.

Well if I take it home, father might shred it and I'll fail so, here goes nothing.

I pluck up the courage and I look at the paper in front of me. Okay question 1,

What organisms make their own food with sunlight or chemical energy?
A. producers
B. consumers
C. decomposers
D. scavengers

Uhm, I don't know, let's just circle A. Next question. I don't have time to second guess my guess.

What kind of structure is the molecule shown in the diagram?
A. Multi-strand
B. Ladder
C. Double Helix
D. Double Vertex

What the heck even is that? I mean it's kinda twisty does that have anything to do with it? I mean you could climb it like a ladder so I'll circle that.

I guess my way through the worksheet and I finish it. Pshhhh, who needs biology in their life? Not me.

"Do you want me to check that? I'm rather good at biology." One of the triplets ask and my paper is snatched away from me and I see that it's Corey who took it. Fine then.

He skims over my whole paper and he laughs when he's done.

"What?" Chase asks

"He got almost every question wrong." Corey still laughs and goes through fixing my answers.

"You didn't even try to explain why you chose your answers. You just left it blank." Both Corey and Chase share a laugh and Corey scribbles something down in his rather nest handwriting.

He hands me back my paper and I look at it again. I look at his answers and how he explained each question. It makes no sense to me but he seems smart and I'm glad he did the paper for me.

"I'll turn in the papers." Chase says and collects our papers and put them into a basket.

"Well we still have about 10 minutes left of class so we can just talk I guess." Chase smiles and they start asking me a bunch of questions about me.

What's my favorite color? White.

When's my birthday? August 13.

Do you like sports? Not really. No.

Blah blah blah.

Then Corey asked one random question.

"Do you like wolves?"

"Yeah, as long as they don't attack me" I laughed but the two didn't. They seemed to take my answer into full consideration.

"Brilliant" they say in unison and they leave me confused and continue with their questions as to cover up that it was an unusual question.

"Our next class is art" Chase informs me and a smile breaks across my face. Finally, something I'm good at.

"I have to go to P.E. since I chose that over art." Corey frowns obviously disappointed at his next class.

"Chance is in P.E. as well so you won't meet him yet" Corey explains and I just nod.

So Corey and Chance are the more sporty ones and Chase is more laid-back and artistic. Got it.

The bell sounds and we stand up and I follow Chase. I say bye to Corey and we head on different directions.

We go through the student packed hallways and I start to fall behind Chase with all the people pushing against me.

I think Chase noticed that I wasn't be his side because he turned his head to try and find me and stopped walking so I could get to him.

He grabbed my hand and said.

"Just so I don't lose you to the crowd."

He gives an award-winning smile and he slows his pace so I can keep up with him. He's still slightly dragging me but it's like suddenly most of the students slow their pace and make room for us to walk.

They also try to hide discreet glances and grins. Like I've mentioned many, many times, this place is a bunch of creepo's.

That's odd. Why would everyone just part ways for two people to walk. Is Chase really popular or something?

Am I ruining his ego by walking with him! I'm probably ruining everything for him! They are probably making fun of him for being around someone like me! Oh god, oh god, oh god.

He doesn't look like he cares about all the stares abd rather he enjoys them. Is he one of the attention people?

Chase beings me to a colorful looking door painted with flowers and birds and a huge wolf.

Chase holds the door for me and we walk in.

This classroom is all over the place. There's painting canvases, tables with containers full of pencils and coloring materials. I huge cabnet with pieces of ribbon sticking out of the hinges and cracks.

You could definitely tell this is an art room at first glance.

Time to make my way through this class.