"It's me. It's Aetos." The person said again. "You were just having a bad dream."

A dream? That hadn't felt like a dream. Colson raises his hands to his neck to feel. He blinks again and notices the familiar wall, he looks down at himself and frowns, he was wearing a onesie. No, that can't be it. He had been wearing sweatpants.

"Colson..."

Colson quickly turns to the side, his eyes widening when he sees Aetos, behind him was Erik. Both of them were close to him, hands out.

"I..." Colson starts, just to see if his voice works. "I c-called you b-b-but you didn't come."

"You were having a bad dream, baby. A bad dream." The vampire says and Colson just wants to cry. How could that have been a dream?

"You've been with me all night. Here on this bed." The vampire points at the bed.

"But he..." Colson gestured to his neck.

"No one got in here, Colson. I can promise you that. It doesn't smell anyone else besides you and Aetos." Erik says and that was it. That was all he needed to hear. He crawls towards Aetos who wraps him in his arms and held on.

"You are fine. You are safe. It was just a dream." Aetos says as he holds Colson tight. "You fell asleep before I got back with your burger, I woke you up and you sleepily ate it before going back to sleep. It's nearly five am now."

Colson tried to retrace his footsteps from yesterday. He had spent the morning with Aetos, the pack meeting with the warriors and border patrol had taken place at two in the evening and went on for a bit. He remembers going for a shower while Aetos went to get food.

He hadn't pulled on sweatpants but one of his onesies with the fluffy ears. He remembers Aetos waking him up to eat before he fell asleep again. It had been a dream. Michel didn't come into the room, he didn't touch him, he didn't slap him and he, Colson, could talk!

"Let's get you back to bed. You need to lie down." Aetos lifts him up easily, one hand pressed to his back, the other one under his knees. He gently placed Colson to the bed before turning to Erik, who still looked concerned.

"It's okay now. I can take it from here."

"Okay. I'll have breakfast sent up for the two of you. Pytor brought over a couple flasks." Erik said. He gets a nod in reply from the vampire and leaves after taking one last look at Colson.

"What about Cobie?" Colson asks Aetos when they were alone.

"He's asleep. We didn't want to wake him up."

"That's good. I wouldn't want him to worry for no reason." Colson says, fingers playing with the buttons. "Come on, lets sleep a bit more. It's too early for me to do shit."

Aetos hesitates a bit before getting on the bed, shifting underneath the duvet to sleep. Contrary to his words, Colson doesn't think he would be able to sleep. Once Aetos was on the bed, Colson moved closer, placing his head on the vampire's chest, his hands on his stomach.

Colson just watched his hand. He sighs when Aetos wove his fingers through his hair, softly scratching at his scalp. Here, wrapped up in the vampire's arms, Colson felt safe. His eyes began to drop when Aetos hums a tune that Colson has never heard before. And in no time, his eyes close, breath deepened and he falls asleep.

The next time Colson wakes up, it's bright out. He was still wrapped up in Aetos' arm, the vampire still sleeping. Colson doesn't get up, he instead watched Aetos sleep. His chest wasn't rising and falling neither was he breathing. Huh. He truly was dead.