Escape

Marinette's POV

It was 12:56 a.m., almost time to make my escape.

I'd started planning my escape after realizing what agonizing torture it was to be alone with my thoughts. I knew what I needed, I needed to kill. Just let out all my anger on a person who doesn't even deserve to live. And I had picked the perfect target; Lila Rossi. Gossip girl and popular princess; I loathe her.

She went to my school and was Chloe's BFF / arch nemesis. She always picked on me and other kids, I let it slide back then but now she has no idea who she was messing with. She thinks of herself as a goddess and treats others like her slave; explains a lot about why those two were 'friends'. Lila had been torturing me since day one until the day I left and was admitted into the Asylum; and even now, I wouldn't be too surprised to see the brunette - along with her blonde haired friend - perched outside my window, filled with mocked sympathy and taunting retorts as they laughed at my situation.

*Flashback*

The day I surrendered was one I would never forget.

I was on my fifth kill and decided that I never wanted to get caught and sent to jail. And apparently there was a way for everything; I found out that if any mental patient protected by the government killed or committed a crime, he or she wouldn't be charged anything; just thrown back in their own cell under heavy surveillance.

My fifth victim's name was a girl named Kagami Tsurugi, she was a Japanese student who attended our school; a girl who threatened me to stay away from a guy who liked me. I thought of the irony in this situation and chuckled, instead of her threatening me, it was the other way around. Funny how the tables had turned and morphed into a deathly situation.

I found her after school - picking on a new exchange student with her group of moronic vultures - and scared her. Out of fear, she had ran; following her instinct for survival. Little did she know that she was running right into my trap. I cornered her in a dark alleyway, and by then she was deadpanned. She shivered and looked around breathlessly, desperate for a way out of the mortifying scenario she'd found herself entangled in. I was satisfied, satisfied to see one of my most resented enemies suffer. Although, I knew that this was just the beginning of her suffering.

"Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in," The bluenette chuckled, kitchen knife at hand.

Kagami screamed, shouted and panicked. "I'm sorry! I'M SORRY! PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE! SPARE ME! PLEASE!"

Marinette ran her fingers across the sharp end of the knife and shot her a death glare. "Why should I listen to you? You didn't listen when I said the exact same thing,"

Kagami just stood there, frozen in fear. Terrified that even the smallest wrong move would be her downfall; that even the tiniest mistake could kill her.

"I have an idea, let's play a game," Marinette's tone was cold, so cold that it sent chills down her victim's back and caused the thin hairs at the back of her neck to stand erect in horror.

"You have to answer my questions and if you answer correctly, you might go free," She began, twirling the weapon in her hand in a careless but fear-striking manner before continuing "But if you don't, then you'll die," 

The last part made the poor girl's blood run cold. She couldn't even bring herself to breath, much less speak and protest. She wanted to beg for mercy, to just convince her captor to let her go with the promise that she wouldn't tell a single soul about the incident; but she didn't want to anger her potential killer so she nodded, still aquiver.

"Good," The glacier-blue eyed girl grinned. Marinette knew that there was no way she'd let this bully go free, so she'd die either way; right or wrong. She just figured that this little game was a fun way to extend the agonizing torment that she yearned to inflict onto her victim; pain and suffering that Kagami deserved.